Whats happening at chicksands?

BennyB
BennyB Posts: 174
edited January 2011 in Routes
Me and my friend are doing a tour of some trail centres for a week and chicksands is going to be one of the destinations. Ive just read that half of it is dug up! Are there any locals or regulars here that can fill me in?
Thanks in advance
Ime diving, ime bored, ime on the diving board

Comments

• nonnac85
    nonnac85 Posts: 1,608
    The XC trails have been trashed for quite a while - the guys that run it seem more focussed on 4x racing and the jumps so the xc has been neglected although the woods are small so you cant really get lost.
    The 4x track was recently made longer by a big berm put in the middle. I last went over a few weeks ago and it was all rideable then.
    My Website - Trail Centre info for the UK: MTB Trail Time
  • BennyB
    ok thanks for that
  • nonnac85
    nonnac85 Posts: 1,608
    If you are over this way there is Woburn and Greensands Bikepark too
    My Website - Trail Centre info for the UK: MTB Trail Time
  • BennyB
    well im within an hour of chicksands. will look into those two
  • Koiler
    Koiler Posts: 513
    the dual slalom is currently being re-done, and was totally dug up. Its been completely re modelled to be split lanes with LOADS of berms. hopefully it will be open tommorow. it looks like a lot of fun!

the rest is open and rideable except for the shore, thats all gone now.

i agree that the XC side of things has been neglected. ive seen a few places where theres been some work done, but i dont know if that was the guys that run it, or just some of the locals.

i tried following the marked trails and gave up in the end. the markings just stop in places. but as above though, the woods aren't that big so its easy enough to just explore them and have fun