*-* PEAK 100 - Spring Classic Sportive - Sun 10th April *-*

KidsCan
KidsCan Posts: 104
From the team who brought you The Three Shires and The Macc Monster (See Thread) comes another brand new Cycle Sportive for your diaries!

KidsCan and Peak Cyclesport introduce...
PEAK 100
We've taken the best elements from our events last year - spectacular route spread across Cheshire, Derbyshire and Staffordshire, full route signage, feedstation and support.
It's 'only' 100kms, or more accurately 105kms, but it's all quality, with very little filler.

Making use of mainly backroads, with only very brief main road transitions, the PEAK 100 promises to be a spring classic. Check out our feedback from 3Shires and the Macc Monster and join us in raising funds for KidsCan.

The event features:
• Event start facilities inc toilets, changing and free car parking
• Start pack inc. rider number, energy products and sponsor forms
• Full route signposting
• Sag wagon support
• Event photographer
• Well stocked main Feedstation
• Publication of rider times
• Finish facilities inc toilets and changing
• Finish BBQ

The website is in currently production, but we couldn’t wait to tell you about it!
If you would like to sign up, please CLICK HERE

If you would like more information on KidsCan the link is here, but getting you all interested in the cycle is more important right now!

Comments

• KidsCan
    Sorry I forgot to mention this important bit!

Registation fee is £25.

You can sign up online HERE

Or alternatively you can e-mail chris@kidscan.org.uk with your details, and post your fee £25 by cash or cheque.

Looking forward to hearing from you!
  • KidsCan
    Hi again!

I thought you might all like to view the route!

Route:

Macclesfield
    Langley
    Macclesfield Forest
    Cleulow Cross
    Bosley
    Key Green
    Timbersbrook
    Gillow Heath
    Mow Cop
    Knypersely
    Lask Edge
    RUDYARD (feedstation)
    Rushton Spencer
    Bosley Minn
    Allgreave
    Flash
    LONGNOR (mini feedstation)
    Crowdecote
    Glutton Bridge
    Axe Edge
    Cat n'Fiddle
    Macclesfield

As you may have spotted, this route contains 8 classified climbs!

1. Hanging Gate ridge
    2. Timbersbrook
    3. Mow Cop
    4. Knypersley
    5. Bosley Minn
    6. Flash
    7. Earl Sterndale
    8. Axe Edge

If you have any questions, please e-mail me today! chris@kidscan.org.uk
  • KidsCan
    Good news!

Filming for PEAK 100 will take place tomorrow! (25th)

Keep your eyes peeled for a sneak peak of the route as we shoot along some of the roads in our course!

For more information, please e-mail chris@kidscan.org.uk
  • KidsCan
    Hi Everyone!

Due to adverse weather – fog so thick you could have knitted with it – we didn’t manage to get any filming done the other day!
    Rest assured the dedicated website www.peak100.co.uk is nearly live!
    This will contain all the documents you need to take part, including the links to the GPX files for your satnavs, route maps and route notes!

In the meantime, please visit our Events Website to sign up! - http://bit.ly/gCbRKP

Many thanks,

Chris
  • Hey KidsCan

I’ve seen some of your purple tins when I was in Manchester and thought I’d investigate you a bit further!
    I’m starting to get into cycling now, so I thought I’d see if I could support your event.
    I have a road bike, but I’m more used to my old mountain bike!

What would fellow cyclists recommend to use on an event like this?
    I can see it’s got quite a lot of climbs in it so I figured mountain bike but I suspect I may be wrong!

Cheers

Barry
  • KidsCan
    Hi Barry,

While the PEAK 100 is quite hilly, I'd recommend that you use your road bike as it will most likely have thinner tyres.

This will make things a bit easier on your legs than lugging your thicker mountain bike tyres which are really made for off roading rather than constant road cycling, which is what PEAK 100 will be.

Hope to see you there!
    Many Thanks,

Chris
  • KidsCan
    Hello everyone!

Great news...
    Introducing the new PEAK 100 Website!

www.peak100.co.uk

What do you think? Comments are appreciated!

Hope to see you all signing up!
  • Chris, that's a cracking website! Worth the wait.
  • KidsCan
    I'm really glad you like it!

Lets hope it encourages loads more people to sign up!

We're hoping to get the same caterers who did The Macc Monster so those of you who took part in that will hopefully be more tempted to come along!

www.peak100.co.uk
  • KidsCan
    Hi Everyone!

With an expected 100+ participants taking part I thought I'd let you all know that about the signage for the course.

Make sure you look out for bright neon orange A2 PEAK 100 signs!

If you have any suggestions as to how we can make sure our riders can't miss our signs, please let me know!
    Kind Regards,

KidsCan
  • KidsCan
    Hi Everyone!

Great news!
    We've broken the 100 participant mark!
    A big thank you to everyone who have signed up!

If you know anyone else who would like to take part, please forward them our website!
    http://www.peak100.co.uk

Thanks again!

KidsCan
  • 3Shires
    3Shires Posts: 27
    Looking forward to it - Cheshire, Derbyshire and Staffordshire in the morning followed by feet up in front of the telly watching Paris Roubaix on Eurosport HD - doesn't get much better.

And the weather forecast is great too - summer bike, summer kit!
  • Mike67
    Mike67 Posts: 585
    Yep..me too, though I might still be riding when you're watching telly :lol:

Weather still looks good.

Just wondering though...does the route really take us off the road up that track just past the Cat and Fiddle Inn? (Hoping it's a mapping glitch :D )
    Mike B

Cannondale CAAD9
    Kinesis Pro 5 cross bike
    Lots of bits
  • KidsCan
    Hi Mike!

Most likely a map glitch! I had to iron one out at Longnor or you would have shot past the mini feed station!
  • Great ride today - tough route but what views. Loads of cramps after Algreave onwards and got back 'battered and fried' - now emitting more radiation than a Japenese nuclear reactor despite plenty of sun-slap.

Really socialble crowd on the ride - I don't know what others think but I find smaller events much more fun than bigger events with 2000 - 3000 rides all competing for the same bit of road.

Well done to the organising team - see you at the Macc Monster.
  • leedsmjh
    leedsmjh Posts: 196
    I enjoyed that.
    Good event - well signposted, friendly people, interesting route and perfect weather. It was much tougher than I was anticipating though, I thought some of those up-hills would never end ...
  • 3Shires
    3Shires Posts: 27
    A big thank you to all who supported our event yesterday.

And massive respect to all who completed the route - I set the route to be a notch above last year's 3Shires and MaccMonster.
  • KidsCan
    Thank you so much for taking part in PEAK 100!

Over 130 riders turned out on the day and were greeted by spectacular weather for a day of cycling.
    Cyclists came from all over the country to take part – even as far as London!
    The riders times are available at this link here - http://bit.ly/h74b6H

We would like to give special thanks to:
    PeakCyclesport, Macclesfield
    BIG Storage, Macclesfield
    DH Catering
    Rick Robson of CycleSportPhotos
    SportivePhoto (Bike Numbers and Photos)

To view the great pictures please visit our news piece – http://www.kidscan.org.uk/cms/news/arti ... .php?id=97
    The links to Rick’s photos and SportivePhotos are there.

Many thanks again to all of you.
    KidsCan