Llandegla - I need to miss the 1st berm

bartiebat
bartiebat Posts: 97
edited January 2011 in Routes
Hiya, a few months back i had my knee rebuilt, I'm allowed to cycle on roads/uphill but I'm soooo bored of concrete. I think the ride all the way to the top would be too much though, so I thought if I walked the walky route how could I get to the road that is just after the very first berm so I can basically do the blue from just before the red splits off? The road that the berm finishes on - is that a walking road or another?

Thanks
Karen

Comments

• tsenior
    tsenior Posts: 664
    yes: i think the "long" (brown) walk intersects with the road at the top of the rollercoaster :)

how easy it is to push your bike up i know not though, its a fair distance on foot.
  • chedabob
    chedabob Posts: 1,133
    http://www.dirtybikers.co.uk/brochures/llandegla.pdf

I think if you follow the intermediate walking route, you'll end up where you want to be. The bit with the berms is The Rollercoaster.
  • tsenior
    tsenior Posts: 664
    i thought she meant the first big berm you get to on the red/blue that spits you out onto the road after the top of the climb?

the rollercoaster is still the blue/red, not sure how you would get to the bit where the red splits on foot but there is a road there......
  • Hmm, it's not really missing much out is it? I hoped that road would be some secret access & I hadn't really thought about the walking route being xcountry. Damn the green for being so short :(

Ok, Thanks :)
  • Neily03
    Neily03 Posts: 295
    The fireroad just goes straight up from the overflow carpark all the way up to the rollercoaster, it'd be a bloody long walk though! :o