Post-ride headaches - Update!

2»

Comments

• pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    Firstly, thank you to everyone who took the time to reply to my original question. I was however left with a baffling array of possible problems and solutions.

Anyway, I went out and did 50km over a hilly route this morning in a little over 2 hours. I drank less than normal (about 350ml) and changed hand positions regularly - I normally ride a lot on the drops but made an effort to use the tops and hoods more. I also did some shoulder and neck exercises while riding along. I wore a buff.

When I got home the bike was trashed - the roads were filthy and it was raining. I ate a second banana, 3 Weetabix, a boiled egg and toast, an apple and some crackers - much more than normal, together with a coffee. I avoided the computer and went into town where I ended up walking about 10km. End result - no headache! However, because I changed so many variables I've got no idea which had the biggest effects. I certainly think changing position gave my neck a rest, and eating more felt good (MapMyRide said I'd burned over 2500 calories!). I think I'll stick with the new regime!

Steve
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • Garz
    Garz Posts: 1,155
    Good job steve!

Post back if you continue to experience the headaches.