What the hell is it, a Vic 20? Grrr....

Comments

• dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    eh?
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Sorry, probably a bit random. Every time I try to do anything on this forum at the moment, I get a blank screen for ages and in the status bar it says, "Waiting for future.grapeshot.co.uk".
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,714
    This may be better in the BR Office bit.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Ah, I think grapeshot is advertising so Firefox doesn't bother with that bit for me anyway
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Yeah, the chrome version of the regular blocking software allows the connection to the ad server, but doesn't display the ad content - thus bike radar get their money, and I usually don't get annoyed. However, grapeshot has just gone into my etc/hosts file - it's just been too annoying for too long. Sorry BR.
  • It's your browser and computer and if - for one reason or another - one of the elements of our pages annoys you, it's completely your choice whether you load that element or not.

As whyamihere points out, though, such issues are best raised in the BR Office area.
    John Stevenson
  • It's your browser and computer and if - for one reason or another - one of the elements of our pages annoys you, it's completely your choice whether you load that element or not.

As whyamihere points out, though, such issues are best raised in the BR Office area.

Fair enough, feel free to move it. I didn't realise there was a special forum to moan on. :) I very rarely venture from the safety of commuting chat.
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    What the hell is it, a Vic 20? Grrr....

way to date yourself.....!

Maybe its a PET? or a TRS80?

must go and type in 8 pages of BASIC code from a magazine.....
  • AndyRubio
    AndyRubio Posts: 880
    Grapeshot is a search system not unlike Google. People like Future Publishing use it to power their searches, but it's generally hosted by grapeshot. So if there's a network problem, then you get these errors.

Future Publishing might want to consider using Lucene instead...