Stolen Cube Ltd Race from Portsmouth

warren100uk
warren100uk Posts: 11
edited February 2011 in MTB stolen
HI all,

Happy New Year to you.

My New Years Eve started by waking up at 1AM to let the dogs out in the garden only to find that someone had jumped over my fence with some bolt cutters and stole my Cube Ltd Race. We only moved to Southsea in Portsmouth 2 weeks ago, because we are in a small flat i stupidly decided to lock mine and my girlfriends bike up for a while to the cast iron drain pipe until i made room for them in the flat. Bike theifs must be getting picky because the left my girlfriends Carrera Subway 2, still worth over £300!!. Iam gutted never had a bike stolen before and until this one i never knew how attached you could get to a bike.

Anyway the bike is pictured but is blue and white, i have never seen any others the same in Portsmouth. It has SCHWALBE marathon plus tyres, a dent in the frame and 2 specialized bottle cages and a bracket on the seat post for another bottle cage.The brake discs as just round not like the ones in the pic and it has black grips instead of white.

If anyone see's it in Portsmouth or for sale anywhere please can you email me at warren100@ntlworld.com or call me on 07500015861.

Thanks alot

Mark

5313368257_3ff3eb5ebc_b.jpg[/img]

Comments

• CalumR
    CalumR Posts: 68
    Sad to hear :(
    I can confirm there is another ltd race in portsmouth, its mine :p

I'll be on the look out when i get back to the city, they're not exactly the most common bike
  • It seems to be getting more common for thieves in Portsmouth to be able to pick out decent bikes.

I'll keep and eye out.

Was your Cube insured? What have the police said about it?
  • my commencal was stolen from work on the 7th. The police have thw cctv showing all four of the guys faces. As far as I am aware they are from southsea and I know the police now have his name (as do I !!!!!) The police know where he lives but every time they call he is out, funny old thing. Will keep you posted if they get them.
  • Hi guys,

Cheers for keeping an eye out for me and Gav, sorry to hear about your bike. Hope they catch the guys.

Unfortunately my bike wasn't insured, the police came round and checked for print but couldn't get any.

Hopefully will get a new one on the Cycle to work scheme soon.
  • Do you not have home insurance? You could prob claim off that. Good luck.