Grimsby Riders

will8
will8 Posts: 82
edited January 2011 in MTB rides
Evening all,

I'm looking for people to ride with in and around the Grimsby area so does anyone mind if I tag along on their next ride? I like to ride every sunday mornings but can do saturdays if that when you go out. Even if you're not near but you know of some good trails, suggestions would be more than welcome.

I was going across bridleways and the like, but now the snow and ice has melted, they are all to muddy,

I have been doing a fair bit of country road riding around the lincolnshire wolds on my cube HT however I have just got a FS so i want to build up my experience to tackle some of the more exciting stuff like dalby and whinlatter.

Many thanks

Comments

• hi will.
    check out the hull and yorkshire thread, lots of local rides this side of the bridge. if you can travel, you are welcome to tag along with us.
    introduce yourself on there and they will welcome you.
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    Ay up Will!

As you know I'm oop in Grimsby, don't get to ride too often, but there is a forum based in Louth, Louth Area Mountain Bikers (LAMB) who generally ride Wed evenings & Sun mornings most weeks

I've ridden with them and they are good fun to ride with, some guys are quite quick & other a bit slower, but they all wait for the tailenders (that'll be me or Fitz then...)

Binbrook, Wold Newton, Louth, Swallow, are some of the usual areas they ride.
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • will8
    will8 Posts: 82
    Andy B wrote:
    Ay up Will!

As you know I'm oop in Grimsby, don't get to ride too often, but there is a forum based in Louth, Louth Area Mountain Bikers (LAMB) who generally ride Wed evenings & Sun mornings most weeks

I've ridden with them and they are good fun to ride with, some guys are quite quick & other a bit slower, but they all wait for the tailenders (that'll be me or Fitz then...)

Binbrook, Wold Newton, Louth, Swallow, are some of the usual areas they ride.

Thanks Andy and Bob,

I will check out LAMB shortly,

Getting abit bored riding on my own as my normal riding buddy is a light weight and always letting me down.
    It will be good to get to know some local experienced riders, so i can improve my biking and also get to know some good routes.

Cheers