Best and worst films of 2010

Buckled_Rims
Buckled_Rims Posts: 1,648
edited January 2011 in The bottom bracket
Slightly disappointed at the quality of movies this year (but I say that every year). So here's my best films of 2010 what I've seen.

1. Shrek Forever (couldn't stop laughing at all the puns)
2. Pirahna (With Kelly Brooks..yum yum)
3. The Edge aka "Kray" (Russian film that nobody else seems to like)

The worst or most disappointing

1. The Book of Eli
2. Nightmare of Elm Street
3. The A team
CAAD9
Kona Jake the Snake
Merlin Malt 4

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,225
    The worst film I have ever seen, and it happened to be in 2010, was Tron Legacy.

The worst script I think I have ever witnessed on screen.

Beyond appauling.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Best one I saw this year was Megamind :oops:

tbh, I didn't have much choice as I haven't seen many.
  • brucey72
    brucey72 Posts: 1,086
    My top films were:
    1. Inception
    2. Kick Ass
    3. Unthinkable - a film that gets you thinking about whether torture is ever justified.

Most disappting were:
    1. Avatar - although it was a decent enough film, it was nowhere near as good as the hype surrounding it.
    2. Saw 3D
  • PhilofCas
    PhilofCas Posts: 1,153
    I'd second Kick Ass, thought it was brilliant, How to Train Your Dragaon was pretty entertaining, as was Iron Man 2 and Four Lions, also really enjoying the Twighlight Saga one's, I think it's been a decent year all round
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Some of the best I saw (on DVD so not sure when they originally came out)

Hot Tub Time Machine
    Kick Ass
    Get Him To The Greek
  • The worst film I have ever seen, and it happened to be in 2010, was Tron Legacy.

Beyond appauling.

Bum, I have been looking forward to Tron for ages. Hoping of course that they hadnt cocked it up.

Buckled Rims, Piranha????? Really? Havent seen it but its got Kelly Brook in it and she is a very poor mans Megan Fox so I had assumed that Piranha would be a Poor Mans Transformers :wink:
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,878
    Didn't see many ... mostly kid's stuff to be honest, but I was really impressed with Toy Story 3
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Buckled Rims, Piranha????? Really? Havent seen it but its got Kelly Brook in it and she is a very poor mans Megan Fox so I had assumed that Piranha would be a Poor Mans Transformers :wink:

Actually it's a very good film if you understand it's tongue is firmly against it's cheek. I saw it in 3D. Not sure if it'll hold up on 2D DVD. My g/f who didn't want to go and watch it, went again with her sister a few nights later and still laughed :shock:
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh Posts: 1,329
    Enjoyed both Skyline and Monsters, even though the former was slated by 'critics' it was quite good. The latter, without a huge budget was extremely enjoyable.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Best thing I saw at the cinema was Chasing Legends!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Didn't see many ... mostly kid's stuff to be honest, but I was really impressed with Toy Story 3

+1

I'm not normally keen on female leads in action films but i enjoyed salt.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • best- a prophet

worst- inception (2 1/2 hours- ill never get them back)
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Bunneh wrote:
    Enjoyed both Skyline and Monsters, even though the former was slated by 'critics' it was quite good. The latter, without a huge budget was extremely enjoyable.

Skyline has especially terrible ratings.

http://www.metacritic.com/movie/skyline

Best

1) Inception
    2) Black Swan
    3) Social Network

Worst. Can't remember
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • the unthinkable ................................amazing film
  • Gazzaputt wrote:
    Best thing I saw at the cinema was Chasing Legends!
    +1
    Actually, that was the only time I went to t'pictures this year!
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • Mike Healey
    Mike Healey Posts: 1,023
    I cannot contribute as it is some time since I last went to a performance of a moving kinematograph
    Organising the Bradford Kids Saturday Bike Club at the Richard Dunn Sports Centre since 1998
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/eastbradfordcyclingclub/
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/eastbradfordcyclingclub/
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    The worst film I have ever seen, and it happened to be in 2010, was Tron Legacy.

Beyond appauling.

Bum, I have been looking forward to Tron for ages. Hoping of course that they hadnt cocked it up.

It's not THAT bad. Not the greatest film ever made, but cool special effects. The story is pretty poor, but it;s decent eye candy.

As for Inception - I can understand why people think it's either one of the best or the worst. Interesting premise - but a long film and hard to wrap your head around at times. Also great eye candy and I think if you have the patience to try and pay attention long enough to follow the story - a good film.

I'm going to watch it again on DVD to see if it's any better the second time round. :oops:
    1892 Posts: 1,690
    Can't think of the best?

Worst was deffo A-Team, they ruined it! I would've made a better film with a camcorder taped to my bike!
    Justice for the 96
  • rick_chasey
    best- a prophet

worst- inception (2 1/2 hours- ill never get them back)

A prophet left me a little cold actually. Thought it could have been paced a little better too.
  • I agree that there has been a lack of decent films in 2010.

The best that I watched IMO were (in no particular order)

Inception, Kick Ass, Four Lions, Shutter Island (I know not everyone likes this but I did), The Social Network, Unstoppable,

And the worst:

Clash of the Titans, Knight and Day (effing awful!)

Mark Kermodes are quite amusing:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/markkermode/ ... _2010.html
  • rick_chasey

Beyond appauling.

Take a look at some of the lines that are in it (all taken from the trailer so no spoilers there).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1104001/quotes

Lines like: "He said he was about to change everything - science, medicine, religion. He wouldn't have left that, Sam. He wouldn't have left you. "

or "What am I supposed to do?"
    "Survive"

are just rubbish rubbish rubbish lazy, badly written lines.

He even comes out with "it's bio-digital jazz, man", having spent the past 45 minutes being totally sincere about the end of society.

There is also an awful lot of really basic stuff that is just totally not explained. The script is just a big jumper full of loose threads - pull at anyone one and it all unravels.

And the graphics, sure, they're quite pretty, but the nature of them (they were partly done so that it already looked good with '80s technology) means they don't blow your mind - and the 3d is not a patch on Avatar which, though also a badly written film, was at least good looking. In some cases, the 3d only worked on two layers which makes it look cheap and, in cases messy.

That and some of the sets will be VERY familiar if you've watched 2001....

It's bad enough I feel it necessary to warn people!
  • andy_f
    andy_f Posts: 474
    Best - Kick Ass
    Worse - The Expendables(should have turned round and walked when seeing that Statham blokes name on the poster in the foyer)
    "Let your life rule your job, not your job rule your life"

Born to ride, forced to work.