South Wales this weekend?

desmojen
desmojen Posts: 136
edited January 2011 in Routes
I'm planning on going over to Wales for a ride this weekend. Does anyone have any info on the current condition of the Twrch trail at Cwm Carn or Whites Level at Afan?

Not sure if I'm going tomorrow or Sunday, need to check the weather.

Thanks,
Jen.

Comments

• jj1048
    jj1048 Posts: 107
    Rode Whites Level yesterday, was very sticky in places but all completely rideable.

Drop off cafe has now closed though :(
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    cwmcarn should be fine, it's been really foggy but no rain for a few days, i'll probably be there early tomorrow morning :D
  • Also interested in condtions at Afan as we are heading there from Devon on monday, Would appreciate any updated reports

Thanks
  • desmojen
    desmojen Posts: 136
    I went up to Cwm Carn as planned, we got up a bit late to get all the way to Afan!

Cwm Carn was in very good condition almost everywhere. There are a couple of muddy patches, but mostly it was surprisingly dry. Also a couple of small chunks of snow left, but nothing that will cause any problems. I couldn't help noticing a few new braking bumps too :lol:

Thanks for the replies before guys :)

Jen.
  • zammmmo
    zammmmo Posts: 315
    Thought I'd post on here rather than start another thread. Getting withdrawal symptoms having spent 2010 going all roadie. Want to do more mtbing again in 2011 - my question: are all the trails at Afan and Glyncorrwyg (spelling?) still open? Cheers....

Paul.
  • jj1048
    jj1048 Posts: 107
    zammmmo wrote:
    Thought I'd post on here rather than start another thread. Getting withdrawal symptoms having spent 2010 going all roadie. Want to do more mtbing again in 2011 - my question: are all the trails at Afan and Glyncorrwyg (spelling?) still open? Cheers....

Paul.

Penhydd - Closed till later this year.
    Wall - Open
    Whites Level - Open
    Skyline - Some sections closed, diversions are in place.
  • The cafe at Glyncorrwyg is closed till late jan early Feb, so take some sarnies!

We found no ice or snow on both the wall and whites, both trails were mainly dry.

Paul
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    The cafe at Glyncorrwyg is closed till late jan early Feb, so take some sarnies!

I (sadly) didn't think of this last Friday, so after a blast of Whites Level we had to settle for a Tesco sarnie from up the road. Not nearly so satisfying as a lasagne and spicy pots :(
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc