max speed on a turbo trainer

Danny M
Danny M Posts: 132
edited January 2011 in Road beginners
just checked max speed after 1st turbo session 47mph

is that fast/slow/average?

Comments

• thats pretty fast mate! depends how strong you are :)

it's at the point for me now where i can just spin my legs like a loony upto 60mph then i just dont have the power to get any faster!!

im probs younger then you though :)
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • jonmack
    jonmack Posts: 522
    Haha on resistance setting 2/7 I can get mine up to over 80km/h. However on my intervals I aim to hit 50k, which I consider to be a much more realistic pace.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,556
    depends how much resistance when you did it, you can reach amazing 'speed' on a turbo

it's much harder on the road with the air resistance, but that's what descents are for :-)
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    12kph faster than you.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I remember there was a record set for this - Bruce bursford I think ? Involved a high tech bike, oakleys and best of all Uri Geller.
    Pretty pointless really - if you Can hit high speeds on the turbo - you probably haven't enough resistance.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I remember there was a record set for this - Bruce bursford I think ? Involved a high tech bike, oakleys and best of all Uri Geller.
    Pretty pointless really - if you Can hit high speeds on the turbo - you probably haven't enough resistance.
  • P_Tucker
    P_Tucker Posts: 1,878
    I did about 120 kmh the other day when I forgot to clip the roller onto the wheel. I'm now thinking about entering the TdF as most people I know can't go nearly that fast.