Bike shop recommendations in South Manchester / Cheshire

jacroz
jacroz Posts: 30
edited December 2010 in Road buying advice
Hi

I've decided 2011 is the year I'm going to invest in a decent bike for sportives. Ideally I'd like to spend up to £2k but I suspect I might get tempted to go as high as £3k. As I'm spending that much money I'd like to find a bike shop that has a really good fitting service. Where would you recommend I go? I've been looking at Specialized Roubaix and Trek Madone but I'm not tied to any particular make. Any recommendations on bikes as well would be gratefully appreciated. My big goal is to to do the Fred Whitton this year!

Thanks
John

Comments

• Pep
    Pep Posts: 501
    I lived 5 and a half year in south Manchester, until last August. I used BikeShak in Altrincham one million times or more. Good guys. They even had the patience to answer all my silly time wasting cycling mech questions. I very strongly reccommend it.

A shop is there not only to sell good cycling stuff at right price, and service it. It's also there to give the right advice in a competent and friendly way. On this they are great.

Sometime I even went there thinking to buy something expensive because I thought it was the right thing for me (hub dynamo, for example) and they discouraged me saying I would have wasted money, explaining why.

Go there and say Alberto the Italian from Altrincham reccommend it, they'll treat you well.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Rick Greens at Handforth - spesh, giant, bianchi and van nicolas titanium
    Cycle Centre in Congleton (home of www.Cyclestore.co.uk) they sell spesh, lapierre, giant, sabbath titanium to name a few brands.