They done stole my bike!

2»

Comments

• hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    nich wrote:
    hatbeard wrote:
    pangolin wrote:
    What made you go for the cheaper one Hatbeard? Just the price or the website it's from?

I got it pricematched at evans actually and i'm having them deliver it to store so they'll set it up for me hopefully and I can ride it straight home. plus you get a free 6 week service with all new bikes from them.

I went for the se draft lite as it's cheap and cheerful. it's primary function for me is to get me to the pub/supermarket and back and be locked up in dodgy areas. the other one was obviously a much better spec but it kind of defeats the point of having a hack if it's rrp is almost as high as your main bike :lol: for my needs the base model is adequate.

I'm probably going to attack it with hammerite paint or gaffer tape to de-pink it as much as possible but also to make it look a bit tattier and more undesirable.

my tricross is my main commuter and I'll probably stick to using that day to day unless I know I'll be going somewhere other than home -> work -> home.

if it was going to be my only bike I'd have spent a few hundred more though and got one of the other amazing deals on the end of year line bikes like a charge/on-one/kona etc. but for my needs this will do fine.

I think your'll become a singlespeed addict and ditch the tricross ;)

the tricross was bought on c2w so it's going nowhere but that's not to say there's no room for further n+1 in oooh say next october :lol:
    Hat + Beard
  • pangolin
    pangolin Posts: 6,636
    Well, am now the owner of a new Charge Plug Racer 2010, in silver as black was out of stock in large. £350 from Evans.

Only done 5 or so miles so far, but it's very comfy!

Also now have a new Abus lock...
    - Genesis Croix de Fer
    - Dolan Tuono