How much extra rear wheel traction did Santa give you?

deptfordmarmoset
deptfordmarmoset Posts: 3,118
edited December 2010 in The bottom bracket
I just climbed onto the scales to see the damage and was surprised that I'd only gained 1 1/2 kg, or around 3 lbs over the Christmas binge.

Lightly distributed around the waist, it is now giving me that marginal extra bit of purchase on the rear wheel that could make all the difference between an successfully-executed emergency stop and an painful off on our very greasy roads.

As an added bonus, the extra weight is both giving me better exercise while climbing and increasing my downhill speed. Thank you Santa!

How much extra did Santa give you?

Comments

• morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    Quite the opposite. This flu thing has probably seen me lose the best part of a stone (basically all my excess). I will start the new year as a newly instated racing snake. Not entirely sure there won't be a performance dip though.
  • jim453
    jim453 Posts: 1,360
    The Ahhhhhh my head thread would seem to suggest that most members have been drinking mineral water and eating seeds over the holiday period so have probably dropped below seven stone.

Plus about 2 kilo's for me.
  • probly about the same as a bear puts on before hibernation :wink:
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    I'm a bit scared to check to be honest. I was 66kgs but that was early December.

Some dodgy off mussels or other shell fish might be the order of the day. :lol:
  • Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437
    A couple of cheesecakes and a bottle of Bailey's worth. :D
  • Slapshot
    Slapshot Posts: 211
    invincible wrote:
    probly about the same as a bear puts on before hibernation :wink:

2 bears....... :oops: :oops:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    3kg
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    3kg
  • eyebee
    eyebee Posts: 257
    Only 5 lbs, quite pleased as it includes a month off due to injury.
  • I have a further 1/2 stone to lose to add to the 3 stone I had planned on losing in the new year to get to 18 st!

:roll: :lol:
    FCN 7

FCN 4

if you use irrational measures to measure me, expect me to behave irrationally to measure up
  • About 500 grams.......but then i took a dump....... :wink:
  • Enough :oops:
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    I was ill for a week before christmas with a seriously upset stomach and lost 4kgs, which from a cycling point of view I was chuffed about. Got on the scales this morning and over xmas I have put almost all of it back on!!!!

To make matters worse I am now coming down with a cold again so no training today!
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • 6lbs when I checked on Monday morning but scales say 3lbs this morning.
    Cheers

Andy
    Cyclist, Massage Therapist & Ice Cream Genius
    Andrew Creer Massage
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Lost about a pound.

No alcohol, crap food, exercise.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    I lost about a kilo. But spend every day training and I don't indulge over the holidays so never was going to gain.
  • tebbit
    tebbit Posts: 604
    About half a stone, oh dear, but I am still under 14 stone, which I am pleased about and I will be able to get out on my bike, which I can't do when I am working abroad, so I will be out tomorrow morning.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    I gained 7lbs post shoulder op :shock: no sure how coz I didn't eat anything, luckily that disappeared along with another 2lbs.

So i'm in credit ATM

all without a single bit of exercise for 2 weeks, makes no sense to me.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Flasheart
    Flasheart Posts: 1,278
    too much

I I wasn't depressed enough FFS

I was promised coffee with my ex day before yesterday when out 1/2 way through a 30 miler. I made it back in 25 mins (and was totally f*&*ked ).
    Maybe a time trial on a promise at the end of it would up my average?
    The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle. ...Stapp’s Ironical Paradox Law
    FCN3
    http://img87.yfrog.com/img87/336/mycubeb.jpg
    http://lonelymiddlesomethingguy.blogspot.com/
  • 'Ang on, half 30 miles is 15, 25 mins for 15 miles really isn't too bad at all. Unless, like life, it was all downhill...

Good to hear from you, anyway, Flashers. I was just thinking about you, noticing your silence, and wondering how you were getting on. Don't let her think she's got you on a string. And get the kid onto a bike....
  • tebbit
    tebbit Posts: 604
    First ride out since the end of October, the temperature being a bit too cold in Ukraine, today over while at home in Formby, just over an hour but very enjoyable.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    2lb which with the shite I have consumed is nothing short of a miracle.

Been out 2 days running on the bike now after about 3 weeks of inactivity.
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    Unfortunately due to work commitments i,ve gone from 84Kgs in the Summer to 93.8Kgs now. As of tomorrow it,s a strict diet and back to work with the bike. :oops:
    Ademort
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    About 5lb,lost 2 already and the rest like most of us here will come off when more regular riding is possible,do the truffle shuffle while you can,it's just part time chunk.
  • NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    I've gained 5kg since my last weigh

Now a porky at 65.8kg
  • 2.1kg
  • NWLondoner wrote:
    I've gained 5kg since my last weigh

Now a porky at 65.8kg

You can't be a porky at 65.8 kg unless you're a midget. This is 100\% fact. And uphill always hurts. That's 100% fact number 2.