Aero gloves or no gloves at all

willbevan
willbevan Posts: 1,241
edited December 2010 in Road buying advice
Bit of advice here..

Is it worth buying aeor gloves, such as the aero mits that castelli/cervelo provide.

I can understand them being more aero than normal gloves, but more aero than skin?

Looking for advise on this, as since its end of season there are some going cheap

Cheers

Will
Road - BTwin Sport 2 16s
MTB - Trek Fuel 80
TT - Echelon

http://www.rossonwye.cyclists.co.uk/

Comments

• Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Just depends if you like riding with gloves or not.

I have the aero gloves - but only use them if it's cold-ish. Otherwise just stick with skin.
  • incog24
    incog24 Posts: 549
    I go with aero gloves. Saves your hands a bit if you stack it and it gives you more grip.
    Racing for Fluid Fin Race Team in 2012 - www.fluidfin.co.uk
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    always wear gloves or mitts - it stops me loosing sensation with VWF symptoms - but never seen aero gloves

ps - can someone explain why some gloves have the fingers looped together in pairs - cant see the benefit.... or am I missing something?
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • always wear gloves or mitts - it stops me loosing sensation with VWF symptoms - but never seen aero gloves

ps - can someone explain why some gloves have the fingers looped together in pairs - cant see the benefit.... or am I missing something?

Aren't the loops for removing the gloves easily?
  • moonshine
    moonshine Posts: 1,021

do you mean lobster gloves? they are warmer than regular gloves - kind of a half way house between gloves and mitts. They help retain some dexterity that is lost with mitts. essential for braking and changing gear.