Pedalforce zx3 ultgera vs CAAD9 Ultegra

matt.rochfort
matt.rochfort Posts: 147
edited December 2010 in Road buying advice
I'm currently riding a CAAD9 with full Ultegra SL and 6700 wheelset which i'm very happy with but as usual thinking about another bike. Current favourite is the Pedalforce ZX3 with Ultergra and Fulcrum Racing 3s (about £1700) if i sell the CAAD and my mountain bike i would only have to put another £500 in. Worthwhile? Should i be happy with what i've got? Big difference moving from alu to carbon? Any views much appreciated. Anyone imported a pedalforce - easy and what taxes due etc.?

Cheers in advance!

Comments

• bigpikle
    bigpikle Posts: 1,690
    I reckon if you are planning on staying with Ultegra then for <£500 you could simply buy another frame and swap it all over, and that way you wouldnt have to sell either bike...

If its a lightweight carbon frame you're after then for £500 you could pick up one of the Planet X frames and build on that. You can always then keep the CAAD9 frame and wait until you find a bargain groupset come along and build that up again :D
    Your Past is Not Your Potential...
  • JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 1,961
    Keep the CAAD9, no contest, it is far better than some cheap chinese carbon frame.

Sell the Ultegra SL and buy new Ultegra and maybe some new kit and your sorted.
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Keep the CAAD9 and get a Planet X Nanolight or Nanolight Hi-Mod frame for your £500 if that's what you're after.