Where Next Marple/Hayfield or Further, bit Techy

Duggan13
Duggan13 Posts: 75
edited January 2011 in Routes
Hi All

I've been out mtbing for 12 months now and explored a lot of the bridleways around Marple, Mellor and Hayfield- the areas around Lantern Pike, Rowarth, New Mills and also New Allotments, Middle Moor and a couple near Kinder Reservoir.

I'm looking for something slightly more technical now though- for example I really like the technical bumpy track that descends from by Lantern Pike down to the Little Mill Inn- is there anything else similar to this that anyone can recommend near Marple, Hayfield or further West in the Peaks?

It doesn't have to be mega technical- I'm still pretty much a beginner and only on a hardtail but fancy something where I have to pick and choose my line a bit and challenges me technically.

Actually, anywhere in the North West would do I think.

Any suggestions?

:?:

Comments

• The area you describe are my local routes too, that descent down to the Little Mill is called the Eliminator and for good reason!

I think you now need/want to do the Ladybower route or if you want it really technical, do the Edale Classic (going down Jacobs Ladder, Rushup Edge, Roych Clough).
    I like it gnarly too and both these are great, Ladybower has less pushing and more flow but I have to say the Edale Classic Loop is absolute hardcore class :D
    Mongoose Tyax Super 2008 with just a few upgrades...
  • Hi Bluemoon, cheers for that- I'll head over to Ladybower next then, and then try Edale after that.

Injureed my knee at the minute so not been anywhere for a few weeks, but will work towards getting back out to Ladybower now.