Lee & Cragg Quarry Conditions

aguesty1
aguesty1 Posts: 97
edited January 2011 in Routes
Hi All

Just wondering if anyone had been up to Lee or Cragg recently and had an update as to the state of the trails (snow and ice). Replies appreciated......

Comments

• Hi
    I'm keen to get to Lee quarry in the next couple of days. Have you heard anything about the conditions up there ?

Dan
  • it suffers with ice until April if it's cold up there, and it's always windy there, so if it's been warmer, you may be ok, but watch ice might be lurking

Caz xx
  • I'm heading up to lee and cragg quarry this morning so i'll let you know what
    conditions are like this afternoon
  • I've been up on the moors in Rammy area this morning and if that is anything to go by then there will be minimal snow and ice. It looks pretty clear and its been above freezing but foggy for the last 3 days. I'm heading up to Cragg then Lee tomorrow, figure it will be ok....
  • I was going to head up to Cragg and Lee this morning to blow out some christmas cobwebs but thought better to leave it another day just incase so will probably head up in the morning.
    What if your dreams and fears existed in the same place? What if to get to heaven, you had to brave hell? What if everything you've ever wanted cost you everything you've ever achieved? Would you still go there?
  • Been up to lee and cragg quarries today,most of the snow and ice has now
    gone both are perfectly rideable,just the odd patch of snow and ice on the trails
  • I rode Lee quarry yesterday for the first time and have to say i was impressed and will be heading back in the next few weeks, the locals seem a friendly bunch and were willing to stop and have a chat at various points, the conditions wern't too bad although the mud wasn't great when i got a load thrown into the back of my mouth which caused me to throw my ring up :oops:
    I'm going to try and fit Cragg in next time as i didn't feel too confident of riding it whilst i was alone, i had a big off 10 years ago whilst riding alone.
    What if your dreams and fears existed in the same place? What if to get to heaven, you had to brave hell? What if everything you've ever wanted cost you everything you've ever achieved? Would you still go there?