Star Spottin

PXR5
PXR5 Posts: 203
edited December 2010 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Space Crudettes

One or two on this site also seem to like gazing at the sky from time to time, Santa brought one of these for my 8 yr old son at crimble...

http://www.astroshop.eu/celestron-dobso ... r_1_select

It really is a top bit of kit, OK you might not be making any earth shattering discoveries with it, but it looks good and does exactly what it says on the tin...and at that price...

Might try using the digital camera over the eye piece to see if i can get any images, only downside was a Redshift CD supplied only had German software, but a quick internet search found the equivalent in english for free download...

Meillieur Voeux and all that..
Every time I go out, I think I'm being checked out, faceless people watching on a TV screen.....

Comments

• sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    thats brilliant, i was wondering if it was possible to use a digi camera and a telescope
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Thats a nice piece of kit for a kid. A workmate is an astronomy buff and he has the big brother of that little dobsonian telescope. One of these a Skyliner 300 dobsonian telescope I am no expert but the view we got of Jupiter and its moons last year was pretty gobsmacking you could see the weather bands on the surface of the planet.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap