tonights top gear...

jay12
jay12 Posts: 6,306
edited January 2011 in The Crudcatcher

Comments

• Its was a pretty meh episode... not one of the greats.

Knew it was going to be a baby stig too.
  • Very predictable, most of it seemed very scripted.

Still quite entertaining, funny at some points. And May getting knocked out seemed pretty serious, was shocked by the amount of blood.

All in all a bit meh, some of the other specials have been much more epic.
  • jay12
    Very predictable, most of it seemed very scripted.

Still quite entertaining, funny at some points. And May getting knocked out seemed pretty serious, was shocked by the amount of blood.

i agree, but still enjoyed it
  • Used to love watching the challenges, especially bolivia and america.

sadly it looses its affect when you realise it is scripted....
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    Good.Very good.

But admitedly not one of the greats.

Hardly the Polar one, or the Prit car 24 hr, or the Bolivia one, or the Amerrica one....
    I like bikes and stuff
  • This programme is now SO far past its sell by date what a waste of time and money.
  • Don't watch it then!
  • B~gger,why didnt i think of that!
  • Tolk
    Tolk Posts: 775
    I don't agree.

What Toby said. Was no Vietnam episode!
  • Vietnam is probably one of my faves! Due to the fact that they where on bikes, so it was something a bit different for once. All the other challenges are getting a bit the same.

Apart from the polar one, that truly was epic.
  • i liked the races... James may in his washing machine v clarkson in the veyron was very funny :D
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401

Agreed, wasn't that impressed.

*looks on Autotrader for cheap 2 seater convertable*
  • camerauk
    camerauk Posts: 1,000
    Was a very good show and May getting knocked over was very funny (yes I know I should not

have :lol::lol::lol:) but he should have known to stand the other side of the strap :D

all in all I enjoyed it better than a lot of the crap on TV
    Specialized Camber Expert
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • jay12
    camerauk wrote:
    Was a very good and May getting knocked over was very funny (yes I know I should not

have :lol::lol::lol:) but he should have known to stand the other side of the strap :D

:lol: the way he went down and just lay there :lol:
  • camerauk
    camerauk Posts: 1,000
    jay12 wrote:
    camerauk wrote:
    Was a very good and May getting knocked over was very funny (yes I know I should not

:lol: the way he went down and just lay there :lol:

yes I just found it hilarious :lol:
    Specialized Camber Expert
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • May's fall was pretty funny, until they showed all the blood on the floor :shock:

But knowing top gear they probably had some fake blood and just splashed it around to make it seem worse than it was.
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    i thought it was entertaining enough but i find the staging and acting a bit tiresome now.

the end was particularly websters.
  • The ending was so blooming obvious.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    But knowing top gear they probably had some fake blood and just splashed it around to make it seem worse than it was.
    Don't be a tit :roll:
    They have scripted set-pieces, the rest of it is all either ad-libbed or genuinely are stupid things they do whilst filming.
  • But knowing top gear they probably had some fake blood and just splashed it around to make it seem worse than it was.
    They have scripted set-pieces, the rest of it is all either ad-libbed or genuinely are stupid things they do whilst filming.

I was only kidding, that is about the only unscripted bit that was in the whole show and actually seemed pretty serious for once! Just something that doesn't happen in top gear very often.
  • There's an app called expatshield that will let you watch iplayer from outside the uk.
  • j_l
    j_l Posts: 425
    Thought it was ace, still funny as fuck and 1000 times better that anything else on tv.
    I'm not old I'm Retro
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    As per general agreement, not the best but better than the other guff on tv
  • wordnumb
    wordnumb Posts: 847

I was only kidding, that is about the only unscripted bit that was in the whole show and actually seemed pretty serious for once! Just something that doesn't happen in top gear very often.

Considering that he's supposed to be the intelligent member of the group that was a particularly stupid way to injure himself.
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207

Top Gear?! Surely not!?
  • Andy wrote:

Top Gear?! Surely not!?

I know, I know. This one just seemed worse than previous episodes.

Having watched it again the other night it didn't seem as bad though.
  • Rich9
    Rich9 Posts: 1,635
    What JL said

Xmas tv has been cack
    2014 Whyte T-129S
  • It seems to get more infantile each year. I watch it to see the motors, and try to blot out the three presenters, that become more anal about their own character images each year. If Hamster tries to get any younger, he might as well drive a pram in a nappy! :?
  • IcarusGreen
    IcarusGreen Posts: 1,486
    Enjoyable, funny TV.

That is all
    + 1001 posts reset by the cruel cruel moderators!

Giant Trance X4 (2010)
    Giant SCR 02 (2006)