Problems on cycling. Please spare a minute to Help!!!

Frank@Uni of Salford
edited January 2011 in Commuting general
Hi, I am a Design student from University of Salford. I am doing a project on how to improve daily cycle experience.

Please could you spare a minute to complete this survey, your opinions are very important for the project.

Survey link : http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3MXNFMG

Thank you very much.

Comments

• By the way the word is is developed not develop, and you are student at Uni!, I hope you did not attend any marches! also it is any or "YOUR" own not "of the" or omit "of the own", English language.

Question 9, poor grammar, and how can a problem be a benefit?, How can the lack of cycle routes be a major benefit, re think the questionnaire and work on the grammar.
    Peds with ipods, natures little speed humps

Banish unwanted fur - immac a squirrel
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... heads.html
  • yup sorry but some of the questions have not been thought through.
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    should be 8. Have you developed any of your own solution(s) to the above problem? rather than

8. Have you develop any of the own solution(s) to the above problem?

as Roger says No 9 really has not been thought through, for instance "clothing" it is neither a problem nor a benefit. Similarly "lack of cycle routes", there are cycle routes on my commute but they are so badly designed, this coupled with sharing them with peds renders them useless to me.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,956
    JR

There's a fair chance that English is not Frankie Chan's native language.
    By the way the word is is developed not develop, and you are student at Uni!, I hope you did not attend any marches! also it is any or "YOUR" own not "of the" or omit "of the own", English language.

Question 9, poor grammar, and how can a problem be a benefit?, How can the lack of cycle routes be a major benefit, re think the questionnaire and work on the grammar.

You might want to have another go at this sentence.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    Improve the daily cycle experience?

Simple - no need for engineering solution at all. It involves teaching motorists how to drive carefully & safely and prosecuting those who don't.

Problem solved
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • rgisme
    rgisme Posts: 1,598
    The problem with the survey is that it assumes the answer you want to give must be one of the options provided. There is no option to say you have no problems with any of the above!
  • By the way the word is is developed not develop, and you are student at Uni!, I hope you did not attend any marches! also it is any or "YOUR" own not "of the" or omit "of the own", English language.

Thank you for your respond, I have to admit that i did not notice that mistake on Question 8, the question has been edited for a few times and i missed out some words when I edit it.

On question 9 'Benefit' was suggested by my tutor/researcher in University, as he thinks benefit is the opposite to problem, please let me know if you have any suggestion.
  • JR

[quote.

English Language and these days grammar checkers help, however you do not need English as a language to consider the questions before posting.

• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,956
    JR

[quote.

English Language and these days grammar checkers help, however you do not need English as a language to consider the questions before posting.

eh?
    also it is any or "YOUR" own not "of the" or omit "of the own", English language.

Posters in glasshouses....
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • JR

I check all of my posts as well as I am able before I place them, often if you look, you will see that I return later to alter them, why, because I am dyslexic, and considering this fact I believe that my posts are as good if not better than some, grammatically.

You will rarely see me with "aint" "init" and "wot" in my posts, why? beacuse to do so would make me lazy, you would need to suffer from dyslexia to understand.

• spen666 wrote:
    Improve the daily cycle experience?

Simple - no need for engineering solution at all. It involves teaching motorists how to drive carefully & safely and prosecuting those who don't.

Problem solved

Agree

Also agree with the others on the last few questions, I assume this is general and aimed at non/irregular cyclists too. It doesn't really work for the level of interest and dedication to cycling and commuting by bike of the people posting on here.
  • Sorry, but I have to agree with the posters above: another poorly composed survey that will yield no significant results whatsoever. I could forgive this kind of thing if it was for a GCSE project, but at university level?!?
  • JR

I check all of my posts as well as I am able before I place them, often if you look, you will see that I return later to alter them, why, because I am dyslexic, and considering this fact I believe that my posts are as good if not better than some, grammatically.

You will rarely see me with "aint" "init" and "wot" in my posts, why? beacuse to do so would make me lazy, you would need to suffer from dyslexia to understand.

whoa your horses and think about what your saying.

so far down this thread you've taken point with the original posters grammar, and then played the dyslexic card when your own grammar is shown wanting.

as for the you'd need to be dyslexic to understand? I'm all ears.
  • Hi, I am a Design student from University of Salford. I am doing a project on how to improve daily cycle experience.

Please could you spare a minute to complete this survey, your opinions are very important for the project.

Survey link : http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3MXNFMG

Thank you very much.

I don't know if you've got much data, though it's only as good as the questions and yours are a little vague.

you need to think what you want to ask and what people are likely to say. and who your asking.
  • hammy7272
    hammy7272 Posts: 236
    I'm surpsrised if you're dyslexic that you're so quick to criticise others. My Mrs is an English teacher and has just run out of red pen after reading this thread! :shock: