What Bike Stuff did you get for Christmas?

richred_uk
richred_uk Posts: 167
edited December 2010 in Commuting chat
What did Father Christmas bring you and your bike?

he brought me 2 jerseys

bruichladdie-road.jpg

and one from the Ride of the Falling Rain

debbie_jersey.jpg

plus some cycling socks :)

guess that means I have to go up to ride on Islay next year :D

Comments

• Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    He brought me a chain cleaner, no lube though.

Gutted I didn't get a CondorHD - he's definitely not getting a mince pie and brandy next year, old tw@t...

bah humbug

:P
    FCN 2 to 8
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    Father Christmas doesn't exist :evil:
  • I got one of these:
    1291820295-56667500.jpg
  • mercurykev wrote:
    I got one of these:
    1291820295-56667500.jpg

That's quite nice!
  • cyberknight
    cyberknight Posts: 1,238
    Magichine light

Conti gator skin tyre .

And i bought some new brake pads for myself from myself :roll:
    FCN 3/5/9
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    Don't get my presents for another 2 days :(

I know i'm getting a torm t3 jersey and some torm armwarmers though.

Hopefully i'll get the mount and cadence sensors for my garmin too.
    Hat + Beard
  • got some walking trousers for MTBing and some hiking socks for MTBing and the commute.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    hatbeard wrote:
    Don't get my presents for another 2 days :(

I know i'm getting a torm t3 jersey and some torm armwarmers though.

Hopefully i'll get the mount and cadence sensors for my garmin too.

Hmmm young man you should use those lovely new wool and computer products on one of the upcoming ITB winter events :wink:

Details soon .... 8)
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • richred_uk wrote:
    mercurykev wrote:
    I got one of these:
    1291820295-56667500.jpg

That's quite nice!

Thanks. It's a Paul Smith/Rapha wallet that probably cost more than it will ever be asked to hold :)

A present from my good wife.
  • davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Oddly I got an Auto Glym car-cleaning kit; I understand that some people think cars are worth cleaning. Can I safely use the Auto Glym on carbon?
    The car shall remain washed only by the rain, as it has for the past few years.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • antlaff
    antlaff Posts: 583
    My brilliant wife got me a Shuttvr Winter Jacket - no stock I believe but she phoned and got one made !!! Great service by Shutt and the wife!!

344C1001.jpg
  • What is it like in the flesh Antlaff? I would quite like one. How fitted/warm is it. What sort of riding would it suit?
  • got some walking trousers for MTBing and some hiking socks for MTBing and the commute.

and both have been tested and are lovely, I also got the 100 climbs book which is fun, spotted the odd mistake etc (mainly names etc) but fun enought for a fiver.
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    mercurykev wrote:
    richred_uk wrote:
    mercurykev wrote:
    I got one of these:
    1291820295-56667500.jpg

That's quite nice!

Thanks. It's a Paul Smith/Rapha wallet that probably cost more than it will ever be asked to hold :)

A present from my good wife.
    i saw that the other day and thought i really want it. seeing it again on here is making me want it even more. if i hadnt bought a new bike last week i would buy it but im going to keep resisting.
  • antlaff
    antlaff Posts: 583
    BenBlyth wrote:
    What is it like in the flesh Antlaff? I would quite like one. How fitted/warm is it. What sort of riding would it suit?

I'm a 40" chest with a slightly swollen midriff (now a 34" waist though) and I must say the large is a perfect fit. It is slim fitting but it feels and fits amazingly.

I have not been able to get out in it as it's still below zero here in Portush and the roads are frozen solid - but the temp is to rise to 5c by Tuesday so hope to get out on a quick run to test it out.

Will report back if I get out - if not I will use on my commute on Wednesday.
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    Goggles cos I moan about snowflakes in my eyes
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • A cube agree sl which arrived a week before Christmas and still hasnt been riden due to bad weather and family commitments :-(
    Dolan Preffisio
    2010 Cube Agree SL
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    got my torm t3, arm warmers, my garmin mount and cadence sensor AND a surprise gore thermo jersey as well.

my missus treat's me good :lol:
    Hat + Beard