The "what I got for Christmas this year" thread

Comments

• bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    oh and this months mbr, £40 and a sports watch.

btw the gopro is awesome.
  • ashleymp777
    ashleymp777 Posts: 1,212
    I did well, got:

Casio calculator watch (after 20 years of wanting one!)
    Aftershave and toiletries
    A Sotty hand puppet
    £200 to spend on some decent winter cycling wear
  • Eyon
    Eyon Posts: 623
    Got...

Minoura Workstand
    Zinn Bike Maintenance Book
    Another MTB book with all the riding places in the UK you could imagine
    Degreaser (random but i needed some)
    Chocolate
    More Chocolate
    Track Pump
    Massive tub of Rhubarb Custards
    The Inbetweeners Box Set
    Top Gear Book
    Jimmy Car DVD
    John Bishop DVD

Not too bad, just waiting for tomorrow so i can go spend lots of money on stuff for my bike yay!
  • turpinr
    turpinr Posts: 255
    I've got a hoodie, a Jeremy Clarkson Book and a Michael Mcintyre book. :( Barely any money to buy bike bling either. :cry:
    if my missus had bought me a jeremy clarkson book i'd divorce her
  • lawman wrote:
    bought myself a few early new bike related pressies last week, will start a w.i.p thread in the rides section when i have time to take far too many pictures of all the bling :D:lol:

We need pictures!
  • sonishpere weekend ticket
    forza 3
    a camo onezy for my cold night cod sessions (lol)
    back to the future t shirt
    boxers
    a mankini of my mom in law!! lmao!!
    plus the usuals

not a bad year :0)
    Giant Trance X4 2010
  • Santa got me a Handjob

Well actually, I gave myself a Handjob :roll: I.e. my government paycheck did anyways :)

Pictures in Your Mtbs soon :twisted:
  • I Got:

smellies, bablyiss I-Trim, a very excited 17month old daughter who learnt how to dive bomb me awake and this lot:

Crank Brothers Eggbeater 1 Pedals (bling, 6 degree float as shimanos have blew my knees up)
    MET Pad Kit Veleno D (Mine is dying)
    Pro Target Summer Gloves in grey (fingerless for my HD2)
    Topeak Alien III Carbon (as lost mine in work)
    Clarks Light Weight Rotor 160mm (my disc rotors are 6 year old...)
    New rotor bolts as see above
    Kenda Heavy tubes as i like them
    Frame blanking bolts as they keep rusting without v-brake bosses in them

Hope everyone enjoyed christmas!
  • DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    Spesh Toupe Team saddle
    Barbour jacket
    Kurt Geiger shoes

The king of chocolate - Ferrero Rocher

Half a new electric toothbrush

Some very dodgy looking booze from my brother in law
  • 5297789790_1a83178fd3.jpg
    IMG_0451 by ashleyclarke261, on Flickr

I received a generous donation towards this for Christmas - managed to find a 2010 Specialized Pitch Pro with a hefty discount - down to £1200! Havent ridden it yet due to torturous christmas activities but hopefully will have a good thrashing tomorrow.

Also got some Where's Wally boxers, which my girlfriend dubbed 'Where's Willy'.

Ironically you'll understand...
  • Bell bellistic full face helmet
    Oakley O Goggles
    661 Elbow and forearm Armour
    Wet Lube
    Dry Lube
    Brake pads
    White ICE Watch
    Fragrance
    Jumper
    Money from gran parents
  • ACDCwmb
    ACDCwmb Posts: 225
    Tanita Body Composition Monitor Scale
    Racing Weight by Matt Fitzgerald
    The Cyclist's Training Bible by Joe Friel
    Some Nike sweat bands
    A very nice large coffee cup that fits under our expresso machine
    A pair of very nice slippers from Next
    A bottle of 10yo Glenmorangie & a bottle of Teachers!
    Some smelly stuff & cash
    Lots of chocolate, although my usual dark chocolate terrys orange was replaced by a white chocolate orange which has crunchy bits in!!

Very happy :D
    [url]uttp://farm3.static.flickr.com/2453/3644058624_66a72402ee.jpg/]Hardtail[/url]
  • Seal Skinz
    Long sleave mtb top
    cash for decent helmet light

and a couple of other bits and pieces a month or so back that I've been using.

ATB

Simon
  • nick1962
    nick1962 Posts: 156
    cyclingtaz wrote:
    nothing as the wife and kids are more important

Till she leaves you for some other guy, takes you to the cleaners emotionally and financially,restricts access to your kids unreasonably ,poisons their minds against you and all your mutual friends.There's sod all you can do about it as the legal sharks eventually tell you ,after you've spent a fortune on their fees.
    You end up living in a pokey flat in the wrong (cheap) side of town,socially isolated,working all the hours god sends to pay the mortgage on the house you can't live in .Your kids don't even want to come and stay with you anymore.You begin to drink too much, lose your driving license and behave erratically confirming everything your ex ever said about you in that court order.Before you know it you're handcuffed to the top of a crane in a superhero outfit.....
    I'd rather have a Santa Cruz from Santa Claus :wink:
  • gonga
    gonga Posts: 225
    nick1962 wrote:
    cyclingtaz wrote:

Till she leaves you for some other guy, takes you to the cleaners emotionally and financially,restricts access to your kids unreasonably ,poisons their minds against you and all your mutual friends.There's sod all you can do about it as the legal sharks eventually tell you ,after you've spent a fortune on their fees.
    You end up living in a pokey flat in the wrong (cheap) side of town,socially isolated,working all the hours god sends to pay the mortgage on the house you can't live in .Your kids don't even want to come and stay with you anymore.You begin to drink too much, lose your driving license and behave erratically confirming everything your ex ever said about you in that court order.Before you know it you're handcuffed to the top of a crane in a superhero outfit.....

+1 :lol:

nice reply
    :D
  • Loads of chocolate,
    Money,
    Some 661 Shin and Knee guards
    Rockshox reverb that doesnt arrive til end of jan :(
  • Pac man stress ball
    about 6 deodrant sets :oops:
    chocolate
    cash
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,093
    nick1962 wrote:
    cyclingtaz wrote:

Lol - is there anything you want to get off you chest?
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    You lot are all spoilt :wink:

The only bike thing I had for xmas was some Endura Zyme shorts. In medium. Just like my Endura Humvee shorts in medium. Except the Zymes are about 8 inches bigger around the waist, so they've got to go back. Not impressed! :evil:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • nick1962 wrote:
    cyclingtaz wrote:

how funny?? lmao!! :D
    Giant Trance X4 2010
  • Nice and totally unexpected funding for a new Gilles Berthoud saddle to replace the Rolls on the tourer
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    bails87 wrote:

The only bike thing I had for xmas was some Endura Zyme shorts. In medium. Just like my Endura Humvee shorts in medium. Except the Zymes are about 8 inches bigger around the waist, so they've got to go back. Not impressed! :evil:

We're all asylum seekers and are loaded with moneh!
  • Pants
    Socks
    Beano Annual
    Big bag of pistachio nuts
    Smellies
    A bloody great big chef's knife
    A bloody great big Le Creuset Casserole dish
    Withnail & I
    Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
    Fable 3
    Binoculars
    Terry's Chocolate Orange
    Endura Equipe Windproof Gloves
    Endura Thermolite 3/4 bibs
    I had to beat them to death with their own shoes...
    HiFi Pro Carbon '09

LTS DH '96

The Mighty Dyna-Sore - The 90's?
  • Oh and a Mr Messy coffee mug
    I had to beat them to death with their own shoes...
    HiFi Pro Carbon '09

LTS DH '96

The Mighty Dyna-Sore - The 90's?
  • bails87
    Briggo wrote:
    bails87 wrote:

Well then why aren't you buying me presents? :wink::lol:
    MTB/CX

• Sealskins Socks
    Endura Baselayer
    Oakley Jawbones
    A windstopper jacket
    Endura Glasses
    Madison Glasses

There was a definate cycle theme this year which was all good but I somehow ended up with 3 pairs of sunglasses! Think I'll be swapping the madisons for some new overshoes :D
    Yes, I like riding in the rain...
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    bails87 wrote:
    Briggo wrote:
    bails87 wrote:

Well then why aren't you buying me presents? :wink::lol:

Against my religion.
  • I got some endura humvee shorts yesterday off my mam. In medium so should fit me at a 34 inch waist. Now either they make them a bit smaller than advertised or I have become one huge fatbastard :oops: :oops:
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • bails87
    I got some endura humvee shorts yesterday off my mam. In medium so should fit me at a 34 inch waist. Now either they make them a bit smaller than advertised or I have become one huge fatbastard :oops: :oops:

I'm a skinny bugger (I can wear things with a 30" waist, but most of my stuff is a 32")and the medium humvees are 'snug' on me, but they fit. Which is why I thought the medium Zymes would fit. But the Humvees must be unusually small because the zymes are huge compared to the Humvees. Which is really stupid!

Briggo: Ah, of course, I'd forgotten that all foreigners are offended by Christmas! :lol:
    MTB/CX