sniper68 Posts: 2,910
edited December 2010 in The Crudcatcher
From ebay Australia
AUS$50k Rockhopper

Crazy Aussie humour :lol:

Comments

• Tolk
    Tolk Posts: 775
    Where can i get this extra light air for my frame? Sounds amaaaaazing!
  • projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    I was most certain it was a typo, until I read his answer to the question
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • Pudseyp
    Pudseyp Posts: 3,514
    This also makes me laugh....it has been used by the 2019-2026 7 time cross country world champion and the 2025-35 10 times tour de france winner....so the bike is that good it is a future winner..

My question to him " Not only is it fifty thousand dollars, and used by the future 2019-2026 XC champ and 2025-2035 Tour de France winner which in itself is an amazing feat predicting the future, extra light air....commedy genius..air is air !! I have something for sale very similar for £60k, which is filled with extra extra light air and Elvis and Micheal Jackson will both sign the frame..."
    Tomac Synper 140 Giant XTC Alliance 1
    If the world was flat, I wouldn't be riding !
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    He certainly seems full of hot air. And hot air is lighter than cold air. So.... maybe he's on to something.
    Or maybe just on something.
  • sniper68
    The ad was "lost" on one of our American cousins on MTBR
    Look at the dates in the description: 2019-2026 7 time cross country world champion and the 2025-35 10 times Tour de France winner.'

Wow, a bike from the future. AMAZING!!!
    Even an Aussie can confuse a Yank :lol:
  • Anonymous
    ibbo68 wrote:
    The ad was "lost" on one of our American cousins on MTBR
    Look at the dates in the description: 2019-2026 7 time cross country world champion and the 2025-35 10 times Tour de France winner.'

Wow, a bike from the future. AMAZING!!!
    Even an Aussie can confuse a Yank :lol:
    its lost on me too. since its crimbo, would anyone care to explain?
  • biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404

its quite simple , the seller is just a typical annoying aussie c*ck. :D
  • sniper68
    From the wording it looks like he's saying that the bike is currently his 8 year old's who will go on to be 7 times XC champ and 10 times TDF winner.So buy a bit of history before it's happened sort of thing.
    Q: perhaps you have over priced this bicycle...or perhaps not.. is it made of gold?
    A: hi no its not made of gold its too light for that.what would you pay for one of lance armstrong bike from his childhood ? and this kid will win more tour then him.the air in the frame is not cheap as well.
    Q:What makes this bike worth $50,000? Dec-24-10
    A: because it was ridden by a tour de france and xc world champion thats why and he said he will sign the frame[what would one of lances bikes cost now.and he only won 7 tours this kid will win 10].,paypal is ok but would like cask or bank desposit thanks dave
    His grammar is as bad as his sense of humour :roll: He looks like a reputable seller so it's either a joke or he is in fact quite mad.
    Or as biff55 said
    biff55 wrote:
    its quite simple , the seller is just a typical annoying aussie c*ck. :D

You never know there might actually be someone stupid enough to buy it :D
  • Anonymous
    I suspected he meant something like that but thought it was just too weird