Waitrose Bicycle Trailers

wheezee
wheezee Posts: 461
edited December 2010 in Commuting chat
Anyone tried one of these? Sounds like a cracking idea, but Bath is a hilly town.

Cycle trailers for loan

This branch is introducing cycle trailers to help customers transport their shopping home by bike. Equipped with large canvas shopping bags, the trailers will be loaned out free of charge to any Waitrose customers who wish to use them.

Please register for the scheme at the welcome desk, a special bracket will then be attached beneath your bicycle saddle to enable you to clip the trailer onto your bike. You can reserve the trailer before you start shopping and collect it as you leave the store.

No deposit will be taken to loan a trailer and customers are requested to return it to the store within 3 working days.

Comments

• itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    It's a great idea but my local store is flanked on all sides by 14% climbs out of the town, fat chance even the most fit cyclist could get home on one.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    The Henleaze branch of Waitrose in Brizzle has had them for a few years now, never used them as I'm a Tesco/Mporrisons man/budget.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • AndyManc
    AndyManc Posts: 1,393
    They are £350 (inc. all the bits) , in reality they are worth about £100 , bring the price down to £150 and I'd buy one.

Lets hope all supermarkets start a similar scheme.

Well done Waitrose.

Specialized Hardrock Pro/Trek FX 7.3 Hybrid/Specialized Enduro/Specialized Tri-Cross Sport
    URBAN_MANC.png