frameset advice

alp aslan
alp aslan Posts: 12
edited December 2010 in Road beginners
Hi, I am looking for a new road bike carbon frameset between 500 - 750 EURO.
I am so confused, everybody says different things some says ooo it's very nice some other oh it s bad, I am very tired. I don't wanna explain my opinion please show right way or give advice,
Thanks very much,
Alp

Comments

• P_Tucker
    P_Tucker Posts: 1,878
    Buy one direct from China on eBay. They look awesome and you avoid the 300% markup.
  • I cannot trust china carbon framesets
  • John.T
    John.T Posts: 3,698
    edited December 2010
    The price you are looking at it will come from there or Taiwan anyway.
  • P_Tucker
    P_Tucker Posts: 1,878
    alp aslan wrote:
    I cannot trust china carbon framesets

Racist
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Simple - how about rephrasing this to say:

You cannot buy a carbon frame for that money that was not made in China or Taiwan

Either double your budget or make do like everyone else.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • I am not Racist,I didn't say; don't trust Chinese. I said; can not trust frames made in china or indonesia or taiwan without brand.
    I am asking ;do you know are there carbon europan or usa frames with guaranteed, brand between 500 - 750 EURO.
    Sorry if I said wrong words,
    Thanks bye.
  • John.T
    For that money all will be made in the far east and badged elsewhere. Even many well known makes are made in Taiwan or China.
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    You could be wong you could be wight. :oops:
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,819
    Planet-x frames ?
  • neeb
    neeb Posts: 4,467
    I think the OP is saying that he doesn't want to trust a far-east made frame on ebay that is completely unbranded, because a known brand should at least guarantee a certain minimum level of quality. There will be really good and really bad unbranded Chinese frames (possibly indistinguishable from pictures), but when a reasonably well-known retailer or manufacturer sticks their name on one they will usually have checked it out first and selected it for a reason.

Can't go far wrong with Ribble, if they will ship to where you live.
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Ribble or Planet X? The latter offering Nanolightand Nanolight Hi-Mod from £450-500 at the moment.
  • Lagavulin wrote:
    Ribble or Planet X? The latter offering Nanolightand Nanolight Hi-Mod from £450-500 at the moment.
    Yes I saw ribble carbon frames yesterday. they look nice .
    What are you thinking ribble vs. planet-x
    I liked ribble but I don't know how is it .
    Can you advice carbon frame from below links
    http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/pp/road-t ... rames/FRAR
  • John.T
    Ribble and PX are still made in the far east and badged up. You can get identical frames from other suppliers. I doubt you will get any carbon frame in the OPs price range that is not made out there. This does not mean that the quality is poor.
  • From the two you've looked at I think I'd go for the Ribble route. I bought from them in the summer without problems. The Nanolight looks ok, but I think the SL had flexing problems in the BB area.

I understand what you mean about buying direct from the factory, be it China or Taiwan or any other place on the other side of the globe.
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    I too would go for Planet X or Ribble.

No one would buy an unbranded and unpainted steel or aluminium frame from an unknown supplier on the other side of the world, why would you trust the same just because it is carbon? You might be ok and get a bargain, then again you might not. There are a lot of rogues out there, saving a hundred quid won't be such a bargain if you end up with a lemon.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I'd go for branded. Im sure the unbranded ones are fine and made in the same factory, but at least you have a warranty with a branded one...
  • Thanks to everybody
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Get a metal frame
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr