Magicshine !

cyberknight
cyberknight Posts: 1,238
edited December 2010 in Commuting general
Yes mine has arrived just in time for Christmas !

I ordered this one ..

Its smaller than i was expecting and i cant wait to test it out .
I have the extension lead coming on a separate order as i hope to keep the battery in the pannier bag for the commuter.

can i charge it using a shaver plug? i did order the adapter as well but looks like that has not come yet .
sku_44459_10.jpg
FCN 3/5/9

Comments

• Valy
    Valy Posts: 1,321
    Hmm, that battery look new. Is that the 5 mode version?

I got the 3 mode version from deal extreme. Have not used it too much, but overall it's a great light for the price. Ideal for rides where you go through some unlit roads/paths. Not sure I would want to ride in pitch dark with only one of these, but they definitely help y0ou see where you are going! :P

How log did the shipping take? I think mine took about 3 week!
  • cyberknight
    This is the new 3 one one with the sealed battery pack that hopefully stops the issue with battery corrosion, i will be using the extension lead and keeping the battery in my pannier when it comes.

I did read that the 5 mode ones could have an issue with the button so plumped for the 3 mode and will run it in tandem with one AAA torch i already have 2 of...

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.26800

Yes about 3 weeks for shipping for me as well, i find thats about right for most DX stuff, i got $6 refund on another faulty torch so i went for it .

Its very bright and i think it will be fine for the 5 miles or so i ride each way on unlit roads.
    FCN 3/5/9
  • It will be fine for your purposes, I have the five mode one with the UK charger and I also have the rear light, connected to the same battery using the cable splitter. The rear one came with another battery so I have a spare battery ready charged in my saddle bag all the time. I commute 6 miles each way and a battery lasts me a couple of days even with the two lights running off it.
  • cyberknight
    Thanks .

My route is 10 miles near enough each way so i will just use it on the unlit sections and use the standard light on the "normal" sections of the route i was looking at maybe 2 charges a week as well .

From what little testing i have done its fecking bright :)
    FCN 3/5/9
  • I've had mine almost a year & cannot praise it enough. I use it on my 13 mile commute e.w. - have used it on a moonless night coming home at midnight on the A38 with no issues at all. I've also used it on a murky afternoon training run on flash mode just so I can be seen by blind drivers - lets them know I;m there. All in all, a great lamp for the money...