Join me for a Gay/Bi Xmas ride in the surrey hills

aaronbudd
aaronbudd Posts: 26
edited October 2017 in MTB rides
Any other fruity types out there up for an xmas ride with like minded people ? I'm organising a ride for me and all my gay friends and we're looking for others to come and join in the fun !

Meet at Milford Refectory and ask for TOM.

Comments

• Do you put tinsel on your bikes?

Shame I'm out of London for Crimbo.
  • is this going to be like the mbuk glo-strick ride?
  • it's all going to be fun, and your welcome to bring tinsel along and indeed any other decorations...... KY is optional !
  • come on people don't be shy :)
  • Take it that means you've not had m/any PMs?

Trouble is many peeps on here don't mind coming back from a ride with a sore bum, just a the soreness you lot may offer is not what they're after.
  • popstar
    popstar Posts: 1,392
    I am not gay so therefore not welcome? :?
    What could have been (Video)

I'll choose not put too much stake into someone's opinion who is admittingly terrible though
  • You don't have to be gay, just open minded..... trouble is too many are afraid to come out on here !
  • Sexual orientation seems an odd qualification for a bike ride - but maybe I'm missing the point. I'm happy to ride with any/all sexual orientations - just a bit far for me
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • aaronbudd wrote:
    trouble is too many are afraid to come out on here !

What makes you think that?

You seem to have an interesting way of trying to convince people to come out on your ride. Good luck with it :?
  • Cheshley
    Cheshley Posts: 1,448
    I'm just trying imagine the outrage there would be if someone posted up details of a Straight person's ride......

Surely the only criteria for a good bike ride is that people who enjoy riding bikes attend it?
    1998 Marin Hawk Hill
    2008 Specialized FSR XC Comp
    2008 Scott Speedster S30 FB

SLOW RIDES FOR UNFIT PEOPLE - Find us on Facebook or in the MTB Rides section of this forum.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I ride with friends every week, never thought of checking whether they're into boys, girls or sheep first.
    Although popstar is a bit suspect, I think he has something kinky going on with his french tart bike.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Neily03
    Neily03 Posts: 295
    This thread is gay.
  • I think they take the saddle off.
  • warwick wrote:
    I think they take the saddle off.

That's helpful :roll: :?

BTW. Before I get blasted for coming out or whatever, I'm married and have been happily married for over 15 years. (Might swap for a younger model but trust me......It'll still be the same type of ride..... :D:wink: )

I live local to the Surrey Hills and am always willing to meet up with new people, WHATEVER sexual or ethnic oriantation they are :!: :roll:
    Beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy :-)
  • Atz
    Atz Posts: 1,383
    Usually ride with cooldad, popstar etc and generally other than comments in passing, sexual orientation isn't relevant. I'm not meeting people in the woods to spend the rest of my life with, I'm looking for friends to ride bikes with. Unless I'm missing something that's applicable whether you're gay, straight, bi, transgender or totally asexual.

All that said, hope you have a good ride, that's really all that counts!
  • popstar
    To be honest, I've found gay peeps are chattier than me. Good company and good laugh too.

Cooldad's fashion tips and obsession with Lycra, will open mind to anyone I guess.

I'll choose not put too much stake into someone's opinion who is admittingly terrible though
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    If you had legs like mine you'd wear lycra as well.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • bi sexuals gay bruv
    Crafted in Italy apparantly
  • starkee
    starkee Posts: 143
    Sexual orientation seems an odd qualification for a bike ride - but maybe I'm missing the point. I'm happy to ride with any/all sexual orientations - just a bit far for me

^^
    These were my exact thoughts on reading the OP too.

I RIDE a bike, what i do when i'm not on it should not matter.. :?
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Why are you all falling for the blatant trolling?
  • popstar
    That trolling is quite sweet, though. Shame the OP isn't supporting it.

• do yous have blocks on the end of your seats ha ha
    jamie
  • Anyone up for a good old heterosexual thrash around Dalby, saddles compulsory.
  • i think the point is it hard to find anyone that gay and bikes, so finding a relationship near to impossible with something in common
  • Gromson
    Gromson Posts: 100
    I made the mistake of buying my BF his first road bike a year ago. Not only has the little barsteward got completely hooked and gone on a bike buying spree, but he's also stolen most of my KOMs and is better at hill climbing than me. And then he joined my cycle club, and suddenly I went from being the "only gay in the village" to everybody liking him better. Bah!

Aaaanyway, point being, a gay bike ride is just a bike ride, unless you were planning on dry-humping the rear derailleur. Which would just be stupid.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Was there reason for resurrecting a nearly-5 year old thread?
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • Gromson
    JBA wrote:
    Was there reason for resurrecting a nearly-5 year old thread?

Don't you be trying to make me fit in with your narrow concept of Straight Time.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    No narrow concepts of anything here, Gromson.
    I just wondered why sillybuddy replied to a thread 5 years after the last response.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • Gromson
    JBA wrote:
    No narrow concepts of anything here, Gromson.
    I just wondered why sillybuddy replied to a thread 5 years after the last response.

A good point well made.
    Perhaps the caption contest wasn't holding his attention?
    Maybe the secondhand bibshorts thread had run its course?
    Perhaps he had nothing to add to the bottom bracket or annual mileage debates.
    I guess we'll be on the edges of our seats until 2021 (which is "shortly" in gay years)
    :x
  • Will there be a ride this year?