Superstar and Haribo

animatedadam
animatedadam Posts: 67
edited January 2011 in MTB general
I know people have said stuff about wiggle giving haribo with stuff, but i've just bought some centre lock adapters, and there was haribo!!!! success!! Is this usual??

Might get my rotors from then for more Haribo :)

Comments

• Yes - I've had Haribo with a couple of Superstar orders. Amazing how excited everyone (myself included) gets over a 10p pack of sweets!
    :D
  • Miggins
    Miggins Posts: 433
    I've never had Haribo from anyone :cry: I did get some electrolyte tablets, though. Not as tasty as Gold Bears or Tangfastics, I have to say. Sounds like a good idea to bung these freebies in, though, it keeps people coming back.
    After uphill there's downhill
  • slimboyjim wrote:
    Yes - I've had Haribo with a couple of Superstar orders. Amazing how excited everyone (myself included) gets over a 10p pack of sweets!
    :D

I think it's because you just don't expect them.

I've got electrolytes from CRC but that was cus they were free trials I think.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I got Haribo with my last order from Superstar, just remembered now, but they have disappeared. It seems as if thel33ter greedily ate them all while I was out.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    cooldad wrote:
    I got Haribo with my last order from Superstar, just remembered now, but they have disappeared. It seems as if thel33ter greedily ate them all while I was out.

That'll teach you to leave them unattended :twisted:
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • bartimaeus
    bartimaeus Posts: 1,812
    Superstar brake pads + haribo... kids were impressed :D
    Vitus Sentier VR+ (2018) GT Grade AL 105 (2016)
    Giant Anthem X4 (2010) GT Avalanche 1.0 (2010)
    Kingley Vale and QECP Trail Collective - QECP Trail Building
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    I got two free packs of Haribo when I bought these from Superstar!

Cannot fault service like that at all!
  • Andy wrote:
    I got two free packs of Haribo when I bought these from Superstar!

Cannot fault service like that at all!

You are on a roll with those damn horse things.
  • I know people have said stuff about wiggle giving haribo with stuff, but i've just bought some centre lock adapters, and there was haribo!!!! success!! Is this usual??

Might get my rotors from then for more Haribo :)

Which is why if you buy multiple items from Superstar it makes sense to do it in multiple orders!
    I like that thinking 8)
  • Haha that horses thing made me laugh!! I was expecting some epic superstar component xD
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    I don't know who first came up with the idea of giving away free Haribos with orders but whoever they were, I'd like to offer them a Haribo.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • captainfly
    captainfly Posts: 1,001
    Northwind wrote:
    I don't know who first came up with the idea of giving away free Haribos with orders but whoever they were, I'd like to offer them a Haribo.

Wiggle used to do it but haven't in recent orders :cry: , but superstar have :D
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0

Why are MTB economics; spend twice as much as you intended, but only half as much as you wish you could afford? :roll:
  • Yeah, I've decided I'm going to get the seatclamps from them now :) so i can get more haribo. and because they are awesome looking!
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I got a bag of haribo with my superstar grips. I need to order several bits for my new bike, think I will make seperate orders for each component to get more sweets, maybe if I order the chain device as individual componants rather than a complete one I could get a few more packs.
  • I bought some Haribo the other day that had some bicycle components in so it seems that some kind of festive reciprocal deal has been arranged. Neat huh ?
    FCN 5 - Fuji Roubaix 2
    FCN 11 - Giant Trance X3
  • Ransaka
    Ransaka Posts: 474
    Also got harino with my grips and rotor, sour ones too :D
  • nom nom nom, haribo on the way with my pedals and grips.
  • Aldo001
    Aldo001 Posts: 251
    I think they are out of Haribo... I was expecting my rotor and adapter to be shipped today but they haven't sent it :(
  • NOOO!!!
  • captainfly
    captainfly wrote:
    Northwind wrote:

Wiggle used to do it but haven't in recent orders :cry: , but superstar have :D

WIGGLE ARE BACK ON FORM, STARMIX WITH MY LAST ORDER :D
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0

Why are MTB economics; spend twice as much as you intended, but only half as much as you wish you could afford? :roll:
  • maybe they saw this post and thought they need to up their game again :P
  • forgot to say, my order did indeed come with a packet of starmix :D
  • captainfly
    maybe they saw this post and thought they need to up their game again :P

It would be nice to think so :wink: I think Stif have been reading it tool as they sent me Goldbears with my new headset, RESULT :D
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0

• Steve_F
    Steve_F Posts: 682
    Northwind wrote:

It was me!!! No way to actually prove it but since no one else has claimed it first I will!

And I'll quite happily accept your offer...... ;-)
    Current steed is a '07 Carrera Banshee X
    + cheap road/commuting bike
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    I don't know if it's true but someone told me haribos are laced with a drug that impels you to order more stuff.
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    antfly wrote:
    I don't know if it's true but someone told me haribos are laced with a drug that impels you to order more stuff.

Sometimes they send tangfastics, which are laced with a drug that impels you to order more fillings.
    Uncompromising extremist