Front Light

thefartingcockeral
thefartingcockeral Posts: 394
edited December 2010 in MTB general
Hi all and a merry xmas. I need some help with buying a front light.
I have old my car and will now commute to work on my MTB but this means riding through pretty much black woods for about 2 miles of my commute. What light would people recommend, so that I would be able to see ahead in in the pitch black. I am not looking at spending hundreds of pounds, but can stretch my budget t oaround £100-£150.
Preferbly a handle bar mounted light. I have looked at the Nite rider newt cordless and also the hope ones.
Thanks all.

Comments

• VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    If you have enough time to wait for delivery from HK the Deal extreme ones are bargainlicious
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Hi VW, do you have a link for them or website, and by HK do you mean Hong Kong or something else. Apologies for sounding thick.
  • I've got a magicshine and I'm very happy with it. You can either get a UK version like this:

http://www.magicshineuk.co.uk/Magicshin ... y!-/4674-v

Or you can order the same thing from HK. I used www.dealextreme.com. HK method is cheaper, but longer delivery time and you need an old radio lead or plug converter for the recharger. I went for the HK option myself, but I think it takes a good few weeks to arrive. I also bought a smart charger (nukeproof) from CRC to prevent the battery being damaged by overcharging. There's full details for all this stuff in the link given above... If you go UK then aftersales I would imagine to be easier too.
  • Oh, and HK means Hong Kong...
  • cavegiant
    cavegiant Posts: 1,546
    bike lights are as much as a rip of in the market as every other bike part.

I build my own lights, costs about £100 in bits but is fully waterproof, shock resistant, ~4000lumen and fully computer controlled.

Suddenly you realise how much those £700 are overpriced.

i have not used the deal extreme one, but best offer buy does some great lights for £50.

You should be paying about £50-60 for a 700-900lm light with lithium packs and computer control.

paying any more is ridiculous
    Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?