Cheap adjustable seat post?

iPete
iPete Posts: 6,076
edited December 2010 in Commuting chat
I've been left no choice but to ride the 'winter hack' to work in the last week (35miles), my LBS has fitted a new BB to my road bike but failed to tune the gears properly so it drops the chain all the time, boo.

Its not a bad ride and once I've fitted ice tyres later, will be a good run around whatever the weather. However, as far as I can see, the seat post is not adjustable, so I feel like I'm falling off the back of the seat all the time!

So I'm after a cheap alu seat post (assume 31.6mm) that is adjustable?

Comments

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Adjustable in what sense? As in you can slide the saddle forwards and back on it's rails? Or tilt it so the nose points up or down.

Or an actual adjustable seatpost:31z6spQtakL._AA300_.jpg
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • iPete
    bails87 wrote:
    tilt it so the nose points up or down.

This!

Although I'd love the adjustable one for my MTB, I'm to lazy to change the seat for going up and down trails :lol:
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,699
    Indeed. I don't think I've ever seen a seat post that wasn't adjustable. Seat tube clamp for vertical adjustment; clamp at the top of the seat post for forward/aft and pitch adjustment.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    I'll bet your current one is adjustable....pics?

And I thought a heigh tadjustable one was an odd request for a bike for the road:lol:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • iPete
    I'll take it off later and have a play, it is quite likely I'm having a blonde moment :lol: