68Miles On A Fixie In Aid Of Help For Heros

Mark Elvin
Mark Elvin Posts: 997
edited December 2010 in Commuting chat
Some of you may be aware that in May 2008 I was victim of a savage assualt that left me very ill in hospital, I am still suffering the effcts now & will be for the rest of my life.

This forced me to re-evaluate my priorities & made me realise I need to be grateful for what I have I've decided to do more for those less fortuanate than myself.

To that end, this year I did a 50 mile charity ride for Cancer Research UK (pretty much forst time on a bike since the attack) and raised £250 for a worthy cause.

For my next fund raising adventure I've set myself a slightly more difficult challenge, I'm taking part in a 68mile cycle ride through the New Forest on 15th May 2011 on a single speed fixed road bike in aid of Help For Heros.

I realise this is early to start thinking about raising funds for an event during May next year & that it's close to xmas, but if any of you could see your way clear to sponsor me few quid I'd be extreamly grateful.
2012 Cannondale Synapse

Comments

• iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    New forest wiggle spring sportive?

In which case your a nutter but please flag this closer to the event, I've had a costly month.