Superior XP930

persiks
persiks Posts: 61
edited February 2015 in Your mountain bikes
Hi, guys!

I’m a bike enthusiast from Latvia. Like a user emsens, I also drive with Superior mountainbike. In my opinion, I am an amateur in XC discipline, but I can ride very well. Before my SUP I was riding with my Cube Analogue 2005 bike or something like that. After freehub breakage, i decide to upgrade my Cube, but when I bought my Avid Juicy 7 2009 brakes, I realized that my Cube frame isn’t enough good for upgrading.

-The I bought Superior XP930 2008 frame (weight about 1550g) To saving money I got second-hand fork – Rock Shox Tora SL white. Infamous fork.

4s8luwi50nuoj4bbii8o.jpg

It was my first Superior custom bike with Shimano parts – SLX shifters, XT shadow mech & stuff.

After this mod, i decided to go on SRAM religion. :D

-Now is winter, i guess.. about -15oC in Latvia. With bike now isn’t possible to move because of salt and lot of uncleared roads. Therefore, now I upgrading my bike with new parts.

Parts of my Superior before extra upgrading of nowadays:

gxyrkiio3hijpx0phb8k.jpg

mecob6sxa9jd0rlxiwkn.jpg

n0nbjqgliz01foif3wiy.jpg

tsv7417rulwvpwrfbnmw.jpg

z748c26h0aox7qz3x66.jpg

These are the parts wich I will keep. (And my PG991 chain, ONE lock-on grips, Fizik Nisene saddle, FSA headset, FSA seatpost, Truvativ Stylo 3.3 crankset)

-The biggest purchase few days ago was Fulcrum Red Metal 5 wheelset. (Remove my custom alexrims wheelset)

Before:
77fkqi7n1yywppw2vof4.jpg

After:
adh8et8gbfgy2pia2qpa.jpg

To sum up my topic, I think i will keep my Superior frame for a long time. In this winter I want to buy:

*Manitou Minute or Fox 32 RLC fork
*SRAM PG-990 cassette
*Shimano front Mech to change my LX mech.
*And some stuff for bike looking.

So. Maybe you can offer me 160mm rotor, XT front mech, maybe cassette.

And sorry for my bad English knowedges.
My first road bike - Tommaso Aggraziato

Comments