Alpes Open Tour 2011 web site now up

MarkRB
MarkRB Posts: 18
The 2011 Aples Open Tour details are now online www.alpesopentour.com

I thoroughly enjoyed the event last year and would recommend it. The 2011 start is only 10 minutes from home - so I'll be doing the first stage at least!

Comments

• MarkRB
    If anyone is interested I've put together a google calendar of organised road and mountain biking in the Haute Savoie and surrounding departments for 2011

http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?sr ... rope/Paris

additions and upgrades most welcome. Please feel free to forward the link...
  • twotyred
    twotyred Posts: 822
    Did seriously think about doing this but am doing a few days in the Vercor followed by La Marmotte instead.

Shame they go the "wrong" way up the Galibier and Telegraph.
  • Pretre
    Pretre Posts: 355
    twotyred wrote:
    Shame they go the "wrong" way up the Galibier and Telegraph.

They're doing the classic Telegraphe, Galibier, Alpe D'Huez route - the other way round is the easy way as the route from Bourg D'Oisans to the Galibier is long but not steep & then the Telegraphe is only about 3km.
  • MarkRB
    Help me if I am wrong .. but isn't day 3 basically this year's "L'Etape 1" with another 30 km?
  • twotyred
    twotyred Posts: 822
    They're doing the classic Telegraphe, Galibier, Alpe D'Huez route - the other way round is the easy way as the route from Bourg D'Oisans to the Galibier is long but not steep & then the Telegraphe is only about 3km.

A sorry you're right I was thinking about last years route
  • xio
    xio Posts: 212
    really can't see me doing to Passportes, the Morzine cyclosportive and the Marmotte on consecutive weekends, much though I'd like to....