Getting kitted out for first trial...

Mr OCD
Mr OCD Posts: 382
edited December 2010 in MTB beginners
Planning to hit Rivington Pike over Christmas when I have some time off work... but I don't really have any kit so need to get that sorted.

I'm a all year biker (motorbike) so have all the thermal / base layer stuff ... I also have some Forcefield Pro Action shorts : http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/produc ... x?&id=4620 that I can use ...

I'm sorting out an Endura Windchill Jacket shortly... and probably some sealskinz socks / gloves ...

But any ideas what to wear for my legs? Obviously its a bit cold for shorts... going to need something to go over the forcefield stuff...

Also footwear?
2009 Carrera Fury

Comments

• t0pc4t
    t0pc4t Posts: 947
    I wear lycra bib leggings, Decathlon do them quite cheaply.
    Whether you're a king or a little street sweeper, sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Me too, check out Wiggle's DHB stuff for good value lycra, 3/4 length tights are usually enough for me, with shorts over the top and a windstopper jacket and base layer on the top half.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Mr OCD
    Lycra... :oops:

For real? :D
    2009 Carrera Fury
  • Mr OCD
    edited December 2010
    deleted - posted twice!
    2009 Carrera Fury
  • Mr OCD
    They wont go over the top of my forcefield stuff would have thought?
    2009 Carrera Fury
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Haha, the lycra is well hidden under baggy stuff :oops:

Personally, for general trails I'd rather be wearing padded (on the arrse) lycra with baggy shorts over the top than those armoured shorts. Your choice though. TBH, you could probably get the lycra under the forcefield stuff.

You can buy legwarmers too, but they tend to be more of a roadie thing I think.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Mr OCD
    bails87 wrote:
    Haha, the lycra is well hidden under baggy stuff :oops:

Personally, for general trails I'd rather be wearing padded (on the arrse) lycra with baggy shorts over the top than those armoured shorts. Your choice though. TBH, you could probably get the lycra under the forcefield stuff.

You can buy legwarmers too, but they tend to be more of a roadie thing I think.

Was going to say ... could imagine feeling a bit self concious in lycra in this cold weather ... :lol:
    2009 Carrera Fury
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Don't worry, nobody will be able to see a thing :lol:

Never too cold for shorts btw, not in this country anyway. Keep your knees warm, sure, but your calves won't mind. This time of year kneepads make a lot of sense, they're protection if you fall (and that's more likely with ice, and with snow being slidy and hiding the trail surface so you're minding your own business then suddenly fall in a chasm) but also, they're good knee warmers ;)
    Uncompromising extremist