few bikes in my life

emseens
emseens Posts: 146
edited April 2011 in Your mountain bikes
Hi
This is my first entry in this forum, and I’m not very good in English grammar because I’m Latvian, so don’t start to correct my mistakes. :D
I will show you my bike history from the time I started to take part in competition.
My first competition bicycle was CANNONDALE M800 (beast of the east)
It had almost full XTR groupset except XT crankset which it switched to Race face dues xc. Bike was fitted with Mavic Crossride wheelset.
I sold it because I really want front suspension, but later I regret my decision.
1234986433.jpg
My second bike was SUPEROR team SC (custom built)
It had full XT groupset, avid juicy 7 brakes, hope pro 2 custom wheels on mavic xm819 rims and fox terralogic fork.
I sold it because of hard cycling accident and I think I will never ride a bike.
1222449955.jpg
In last winter I started to build new bike, because I getting heavier and I really want to lose some weight. I started with 5 years old SUPERIOR XP 930 frame and put used parts on it, because lack of money. I got good offers from friends and I crate this:
1292785462.jpg
It had some kind of wheels. :D sram rear mech and shifters, avid jucy 7 brakes, aluminum rigid fork, bontrager stem, handlebar, seat post and seat.
Later I upgraded to new wheels fulcrum red metal 5
1276635443.jpg
Then in a middle of summer my frame gets cracked and I was looking for new frame. As I knew SUPERIOR dealer, I got really nice SUPERIOR G7 frame. Because it has 30BB, I swapped my XT crankset to brand new FSA v-drive crankset. I also bought ROCK SHOX Reba SL fork
1287694815.jpg
My last upgrade was FOX talas RLC 2008 fork.
1292785469.jpg
In next year I like to upgrade my hardtail bicycle to full suspension. I’m thinking of SPECIALIZED stumpjumper fsr or giant trance x, or trek fuel ex with fully floater rear end.
I hope you all enjoyed my topic about few bikes in my life.
And one more time, sorry about my broken English.

Comments

• jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    theres some nice bikes on there especially the first superior.

oh and your english is not as bad as you think :P
  • emseens
    the last one is in/on (i can't remember) the progres ;)
  • Nice bikes emsens. I know you for some long time (because of living in Latvia) and know what you are doing with your bikes. :D Agree, that the first SUP bike is the best. marvelous. Superior is the most popuar MTB bike brand in Latvia, i guess. I have Superior bike too.
    My first road bike - Tommaso Aggraziato
  • thel33ter
    thel33ter Posts: 2,684
    That first Cannondale has a crazy long headtube, but is a fantastic looking bike.

Agree with jay12 on the first Superior, it has some really nice details on it, and I've heard worse English here in England than yours' :roll:
    And now you know, and knowing is half the battle
    05 Spesh Enduro Expert
    05 Trek 1000 Custom build
    Speedily Singular Thingy
  • emseens
    Frame: Superior G7 2010
    Forks: FOX F 32 RLC 2008
    Bars: Bontrager RL
    Stem: Bontrager RXL
    Headset: ONE
    Grips: ONE Lock-on