Hello :-)

John of Yorkshire
edited December 2010 in MTB beginners
Hi everyone,
Just been having a look around the site and thought i'd join up.
Managed to get a Scott Aspect 20 on the cycle to work scheme in September and have been loving MTB'ing ever since... been upto Dalby Forest once, Whinlatter in the Lakes when on holiday and down to Sherwoord Pines quite a few times, hoping to find a few more routes closer to home i can explore too.
Thanks
John.

Comments

• Where are you in Yorkshire? It's a big place.
    John Stevenson
  • whoops :oops: .... South Yorkshire. ( Rotherham )
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    welcome john.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    welcome john.

i think that's the first nice thing i've heard you say, you feeling ok? :wink::lol:

oh yeah, welcome to the forum :D
  • You are doing well - kep it up!!

..and happy xmas too.
  • Stuy-b
    Stuy-b Posts: 248
    hey welcome.

enjoy :D
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    welshkev wrote:
    welcome john.

i think that's the first nice thing i've heard you say, you feeling ok? :wink::lol:

He's lulling him into a false sense of security before going in for the kill.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    And welcome
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • I don't know South Yorks at all well, but there must be people from the area here. Maybe make the thread subject a bit more clear then people will notice and pile in!
    John Stevenson
  • welshkev
    I don't know South Yorks at all well, but there must be people from the area here. Maybe make the thread subject a bit more clear then people will notice and pile in!

why should he change the title of the thread? he's just saying hello, no where does he ask for riding buddies or the like. he just says he new to the forum and politely says hi.

more than i did actually :oops: :lol:
  • Hi John *waves*

hey_over_here.gif
  • welshkev
    Hi John *waves*

hey_over_here.gif

ha ha :lol:
  • Thanks for the welcome folks :) .....yep was just a hello to be honest , looks a really good forum, lots of reading material keeping me busy!!
    Thanks
    John.
  • Hi John,

Rotherham here also (Brecks) and just starting back after a 16 yr absence (and substantial weight gain followed by weight loss... :D ). If you ever fancy a steady ride out somewhere pls message me. Myself and a couple of work mates have just bought bikes through cyclescheme and are looking to do something in the New Year (Derwent Valley is looking the hot favourite to start with).

We are also training for the Trans Pennine Trail in August for Bluebell Wood (aiming for 2 days).

Look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers

Craig