Dirk1978
Dirk1978 Posts: 148
edited December 2010 in Road buying advice
Can anyone suggest a good helmet light?

Cheers

Comments

• Tonymufc
    Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
    Exposure Joystick is a usual favourite round these parts. You could also try the Hope Vision 1 which has an updated helmet mount. I think also that Fenix do some sort of helmet mount for their lights as well. All three are very popular on here. I think also that its gonna depend on wether you want the light for being able to see or be seen. To the best of my knowledge all of the above are good for both.
  • bartimaeus
    bartimaeus Posts: 1,812
    If you don't have £150 to spend on a Joystick then you can get a 501b XPG from BestOfferBuy in HK for about £12:50. You will need to buy 18650 cells, a charger and a mount as well. At under £30 for the lot it is much cheaper - and you can run another 2 XPGs or a P7 on your bars as well for the complete 18650 torch solution.

Not quite as small and light as a Joystick, and probably not quite the same quality - but a lot cheaper, and you can also use your XPG as a torch. You will have to factor in a 2-4 week wait unless you pay for express delivery.
    Vitus Sentier VR+ (2018) GT Grade AL 105 (2016)
    Giant Anthem X4 (2010) GT Avalanche 1.0 (2010)
    Kingley Vale and QECP Trail Collective - QECP Trail Building
  • The Hope is too heavy I'd suggest. Think 4 AA cells in an aluminium box strapped to your head.

Is it as a main light or auxilliary?
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • sub55
    sub55 Posts: 1,025
    helmet_3forum.jpg
    constantly reavalueating the situation and altering the perceived parameters accordingly
  • Dirk1978
    Dirk1978 Posts: 148
    Thanks for the advice. I am looking to use it as an extra light to help drivers see me, so I don't want anything too expensive or heavy.
  • sicknote
    sicknote Posts: 901
    Go to Tesco's and get some of the clip on lights
    Like http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... delID=5765 but they will just cost you £4 for red and white.
    , plus for that you can buy two lots and put both on your lid.
  • Andrew N
    Andrew N Posts: 119
    Alternatively, if you want a bright helmet with front and rear lights you can check out the Proviz kit...

http://www.goinggoingbike.com/auction/o ... Helmet-426
    www.goinggoingbike.com