Sportive riders and Reliability rides

3Pears
3Pears Posts: 174
Conscious that some Sportive riders may be put off riding a Reliability ride, due to no signage on the majority of them, I'm posting 2 Reliability rides in the Worcester area that take place in January 2011.

I'm not a member of either club just trying to help open these events to all :) I've put the routes on Map my ride and the links are below :-

VC Sevale Sunday 9th January 2011 There is a 35mile option available

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/26211990

Worcester St Johns cc 30th January 2011

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/26110954

Hope this is helpful :P

Comments

• Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Hi there 3Pears, showing my ignorance, what is a Reliability ride? I have done audaxes before, are they similar? Thanks.

Oh, I couldn't get the links to work, MMR moaned about me not being your friend :)
  • 3Pears
    3Pears Posts: 174
    Soz about the link, I'll have a look see if I've tick a privacy link by mistake :oops:

Just my understanding - Reliability rides tend to have 2 groups, fast (E,1 & 2) and a slower group (3 & 4) Individual riders chose which group they go with. The organisers give out route cards, no signage but the rides seem to be done mainly by racers. If you get dropped from the group then I guess riders use the route card to navigate :shock:

The good news is they only tend to cost £3 - £5 entry, tea and cakes on return to HQ

I've found them great training, I just thought that some sportive riders may be tempted and if I published route before hand, then riders may be able to put in Garmin and not have to worry if they get shelled out the back of their respective group :P Of course I'm confident a lot of them will be able to stay right in there 8)
  • P_Tucker
    P_Tucker Posts: 1,878
    Bobbinogs wrote:
    Hi there 3Pears, showing my ignorance, what is a Reliability ride?

It's like a sportive, except you don't pay £30 for a water bottle and a t-shirt.