anyone tried these panniers?

Gotte
Gotte Posts: 494
edited December 2010 in Tour & expedition
http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/touring-3x20-l-3955555/

Btwin at Decathlon. They come with a rucksack which goes on the top.
I bought a set on a whim (£50), and they look really big (20 litresx3).
The only downside is that they are quite heavy (about 3kg with all three bags, and about 2kg for just the two panniers), and they don't have traditional hooks - they are joined (though separable with velcro, though as yet I can't see how you only use one), and the panniers attatch at the side with velcro straps rather than the traditional hooks or swing levers. They are supposedly fully waterproof, have two big bags and really large pockets on The outside.

I'm not really keep on the back pack, as it seems too bag and doesn;t fit well under the saddle.

That said, £50 is pretty good for even 2 panniers. I think I paid more for my current set which are Ortlieb copies.

I can take them back if i want (still a little unsure about them what with not being able just to put one on). but I'd be interested if anyone's used them in anger, and how they found them.

Thanks

Phil

Comments

• Gotte
    Just to let you know, they went back.
  • Hoopdriver
    Hoopdriver Posts: 2,023
    Sorry nobody could advise. Personally I'm utterly unfamiliar with them having used only Ortlieb or Carradice - and frankly never saw any reason to try anything other than those two; both are superb.
  • Gotte
    That's okay. On reflection, they were not amazing panniers. Not the worst, but not really the best, either.

All the best

Phil