Excited for any races yet?

rick_chasey
rick_chasey Posts: 72,723
edited December 2010 in Pro race
Are you?

I was watching the Sporza season highlights (with the correct bias towards proper races before May) :wink: , and I'm already very excited for Het Volk (err, Nieuwsblad).

Anyone else already excited for a race / races?

Comments

• bobtbuilder
    bobtbuilder Posts: 1,537
    The Ronde Van Vlaanderen & L-B-L.

My two fave one-day races. :D
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,853
    The Ronde cos I'll be there riding the sportive, watching the race and enjoying the beers :D
  • rick_chasey
    The Ronde cos I'll be there riding the sportive, watching the race and enjoying the beers :D

Good man.
  • The big one for me is the tour, really like the route. In the meantime i am looking forward to Paris Nice and then the spring classics but for the first time i also find myself looking forward to the Tour down under and the tours of oman and qatar :shock:
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    ANYTHING!!!! Just gimme some bloody racing.... ok, maybe you can keep Qatar and TDU... :roll:
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    The Ronde cos I'll be over watching it.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Timoid. wrote:
    The Ronde cos I'll be over watching it.

Rick will want to go along to talk about Boonen for 9 hours :wink:

I'm hoping for a good final 20 minutes to M-SR (unlike the last 2 years), a good P-N and the whole E3 / Ronde / Roubaix thing.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    M-SR is like Christmas. You know it's going to be crap, but you can't help but get a little bit excited in the days before... and then it turns out to be crap.
  • Moomaloid
    Moomaloid Posts: 2,040
    afx237vi wrote:
    M-SR is like Christmas. You know it's going to be crap, but you can't help but get a little bit excited in the days before... and then it turns out to be crap.

Brilliant! Best post of the year without doubt!
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Moomaloid wrote:
    afx237vi wrote:

Brilliant! Best post of the year without doubt!

I've been saving my best ones up all year 8)
  • Moomaloid wrote:
    ANYTHING!!!! Just gimme some bloody racing.... ok, maybe you can keep Qatar and TDU... :roll:

TDU could have some interesting sprints with Greipel and Cavendish against each other for the first time
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Even the small races are good as they give you clues for the bigger races, mistakes made in Qatar or Oman can count in San Remo or Flanders.

The classics of course but Paris-Nice is growing on me, it always provides a good variety of racing.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    While I'd like to see some races, there's other sports going on. The Ashes is always top quality drama (especially now we're winning). That will tide me over.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rick_chasey
    afx237vi wrote:

Beats my analogy of MS-R being like sex for the first time in months.

You wait and wait for it, yerning for some proper action, where anything could get you excited. You have some excruciating foreplay, that lasts far longer than you want it to, before, suddenly, it's over in a flash, and you're left thinking, "is it really all that?".
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    afx237vi wrote:

Beats my analogy of MS-R being like sex for the first time in months.

You wait and wait for it, yerning for some proper action, where anything could get you excited. You have some excruciating foreplay, that lasts far longer than you want it to, before, suddenly, it's over in a flash, and you're left thinking, "is it really all that?".

You're doing it wrong... :wink:
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Let's get past the C-W World's first and then hopefully pray for some decent coverage of Monte Paschi.

Oman/Qatar - zzzzzzzzzzzzzz - it's sometimes hard to differentiate between the two - desert, sand, long flat stage with little action and then sprint finish past 2 men in white frocks and a camel.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • jonmack
    jonmack Posts: 522
    I'm looking forward to seeing how Garmin-Cervélo do in the classics. I'm also keeping an eye on Team Sky again, now they've got out of their own arses it will be interesting to see how Wiggo, EBH and Geraint do, three of my favourite riders.

I like Tour of California because following it online this year was awesome, what with all the data from riders, really made it more exciting for me.

Then TdF because I get to watch it at work and update my bosses on what's going on which is always fun.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Can't belive that anyone would follow ToC over the Giro - ToC has to be the most over-hyped and dullest race in existence (apart from Oman/Qatar).
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..