Thank You, Everyone !

gb155
gb155 Posts: 2,048
edited December 2010 in Commuting general
Afternoon all.

Its almost the end of the year and while I have a couple of busy weeks planned, I thought I pop in here and thank everyone for all the support/advice you have given me this last year.

Be it the MILLIONS of MTB questions I asked before buying another Cube

or Help and advice after I was hit by that van in the summer

and thanks to everyone who sponsored me this year too, I'd love for you to do it again next year

But most of all, thanks for making me feel welcomed, cycling is always seen as elitest, done by "Those skinny guys on Carbon bikes" it wasnt easy to come here (and other forums) 2 years ago with a sig stating I used to weigh the best part of 40 stone, but not once was it an issue, everyone was supportive and , if you take a look at my sig now, I think you'd agree that at 6 foot 3" I have pretty muched achieved everything I could have ever asked for , when it comes to weight loss.

To the new year, there will be new challenges, but for now, I wanted to thank you all and share a E-Glass of wine.

Gaz
On a Mission to lose 20 stone..Get My Life Back

December 2007 - 39 Stone 05 Lbs

July 2011 - 13 Stone 12 Lbs - Cycled 17851 Miles

http://39stonecyclist.com
Now the hard work starts.

Comments

• kr1s
    kr1s Posts: 125
    Thats some acheivement Gaz - RESPECT !!
    Keep cycling :D
    Trek Madone 5.2 08
    Specialized Tricross
    Scott Scale
    Twitter @ChrisBedford1
  • Valy
    Valy Posts: 1,321
    I looked at your pics a few days ago in one thread and I was like "Daaaaayym, you crazy fool".

What you have done is awesome, end of.
  • Gaz,

It's been a year or so (maybe 2), when I last posted on this forum. I am a regular bike commuter and followed your early progress on the SCR forum. Not entirely sure what made me look in again today. Caught the article about fat boys on carbons (I get grief of my mates for that crime) and followed it down. Saw your post and followed it through. I always got the impression you were going to lose the weight eventually but it was great to see that you had done it.

Absolutely fantastic what you did.

I lost a stone cycling but no more. 2011 will see that change.

As you say, it is a constant challenge and we can all do it, you just got to get on with it and stop making excuses for yourself.......Cheers and Good luck for 2011
    [1]Ribble winter special
    [2] Trek 5200 old style carbon
    [3] Frankensteins hybrid FCN 8
  • Mike Healey
    Mike Healey Posts: 1,023
    gb155 wrote:
    ... if you take a look at my sig now, I think you'd agree that at 6 foot 3" I have pretty muched achieved everything I could have ever asked for , when it comes to weight loss.
    Gaz

Munched, shurely
    Organising the Bradford Kids Saturday Bike Club at the Richard Dunn Sports Centre since 1998
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/eastbradfordcyclingclub/
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/eastbradfordcyclingclub/
  • Gaz,
    an amazing effort - a triumph of will over inertia.
    Keep it up.

Acha
  • gb155
    gb155 Posts: 2,048
    Thanks Peeps
    On a Mission to lose 20 stone..Get My Life Back

December 2007 - 39 Stone 05 Lbs

July 2011 - 13 Stone 12 Lbs - Cycled 17851 Miles

http://39stonecyclist.com
    Now the hard work starts.
  • cyberknight
    cyberknight Posts: 1,238
    gb155 wrote:
    Thanks Peeps

Trouble is we keep seeing less and less of you .........

Well done :shock:
    FCN 3/5/9
  • Gaz
    Just had a kwik look at your blog and need to read it in detail but, Wow, what more can be said? I admire your dedication and I guess sheer bloody mindedness just to keep getting on the bike (and whatever else you did) day after day after day. I'd like to lose only a few pounds (and convert some to some much needed leg muscle) and always find the excuse that "....I'm too tired today, perhaps I'll do it tomorrow" to actually start.
    Chapeau as they say!!