Christmas Bumps

45rpm
45rpm Posts: 43
edited December 2010 in Commuting general
on the 13th day of Christmas, my bike slipped from under me.
Anyone else taken a fall yet?

Comments

• Still upright after 2 weeks of snow and 1 week of ice, although pride comes before a fall they say...
    FCN16 - 1970 BSA Wayfarer

FCN4 - Fixie Inc
  • rhann
    rhann Posts: 383
    1 fall, first day of snow sharp bend slick tyres and in the evening, had to dig beers aout of snow
  • Managed to lose the front on black ice just outside my flat, after negotiating 3 solid days and 100 miles of icy, snowy commutes without a single incident.
    FCN 5 - Fuji Roubaix 2
    FCN 11 - Giant Trance X3
  • An entire year of commuting in the north east and two falls on the same day in freezing drizzle in November. Since then temps have been down to -17c on mornings and we've had snow for 5 weeks but the colder it gets the more grippy the road surface. Fingers get a bit numb though! Been a blast. Take care everyone and happy Christmas!
    Giant TCR Composite (race), Giant TCR (summer commute) & Giant Revel for winter commute. Ironman
  • Valy
    Valy Posts: 1,321
    Yogiboys wrote:
    An entire year of commuting in the north east and two falls on the same day in freezing drizzle in November. Since then temps have been down to -17c on mornings and we've had snow for 5 weeks but the colder it gets the more grippy the road surface. Fingers get a bit numb though! Been a blast. Take care everyone and happy Christmas!
    Say what? Here in Newcastle we only had about 3-4 days in recent history and I had my bike in a repair shop for all of them. :(