At least I know how to get a flat in style

SamWise72
SamWise72 Posts: 453
edited December 2010 in Commuting chat
I had a visit from the PF a couple of weeks ago, fixed it on the station platform, despite Brompton's Gordian knot style chain tensioner, but being an idiot, I hadn't got a new spare tube. Last night, I arrived in Doncaster by train, and needed to be ten miles away in Wath for 10:30. I thought "Rather than get a taxi with tax payer's money (It's a public body I'm working with today), I'll cycle. 10 miles across Yorkshire will be nice. That's how I know fund myself standing at the roadside in the middle of nowhere in the drizzle, waiting for a taxi driver who can't find me *sigh*
MiniLogo-1.jpg
http://www.velochocolate.co.uk Special Treats for Lifestyle Cyclists

From FCN from 8 (road bike, beard, bag, work clothes) to 15 (on my Brompton)

Comments

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,404
    I thought you meant flat as in '2 bedroom, ground floor flat! I was thinking, "well this must be some pretty high level hustling to blag a whole apartment." :lol:
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Hehehe :D Well, I didn't want to use the P word!
    MiniLogo-1.jpg
    http://www.velochocolate.co.uk Special Treats for Lifestyle Cyclists

From FCN from 8 (road bike, beard, bag, work clothes) to 15 (on my Brompton)
  • yakk
    yakk Posts: 589
    Ah, some would argue that the F word is worse... At least you didn't use the C word!
    Yak
  • I got halfway through my commute (7 miles back home, 8 miles to work) when I ended up with 6 snakebites :oops:

Was traveling rather too fast down a lane on my road bike - hit a first pothole that I guess caused the first bites (F&R) then, with the tyres going down, the subsequent smaller potholes caused the rest. Actually fixed one flat before realising that the same inner had 2 more pairs of holes and that the front tyre was flat too...

...time to call the missus!
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • flateric
    flateric Posts: 201
    Brand new road bike, first ride, covered an easy 10 miles, set up for fast right turn in too junction, not noticed rapid deflation of front tire then took spectacular slide across junction as front wheel with flat tire gave up grip on road completely leaving front wheel skidding on rim.
    Bike one Dawes Acoma (heavily modified)
    Bike two (trek) Lemond Etape (dusty and not ridden much)
    Bike Three Claude Butler chinook, (freebee from
    Freecycle, Being stripped and rebuilt
    (is 3 too many bikes)