What bike to buy for £800

mazinevs
mazinevs Posts: 17
edited December 2010 in Road buying advice
Hello all, this is my first post on this excellent site. I am going to buy a road bike for the 1st time due to some weight loss from running/mountain biking as a sort of treat. I will be using it for sportives and general fitness. I am fairly fit running the odd half marathon and mountain biking the various routes of south wales(20-35Miles at a time) but i am only 5'9 and touching 15stone. I am desperate for a road bike and any advice would be appreaciated.

many thanks

martin

Comments

• upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    Hello Martin and firstly welcome to the forum.....

If i were in your shoe's i would be looking at 2010 model as the 2011's are now out so there are bargains to be had if you dont mind having a 2010 model ?

I myself have just bought a 2010 Bianchi Via Nirone Veloce and got a great deal an so far im well pleased with the bike...

Have a look on all the big websites see what takes your fancy at your budget then go and try them out......

Good luck.
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • d70ar9
    d70ar9 Posts: 139
    In this price bracket it has to be the Verenti Kilmeston
    Great Spec, Great Price, Great Reviews
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/verenti-kilmeston/
    Also very practical taking full mudguards and a rack should you wish. In my opinion it is the best entry level road bike - what is more you get a 30 day test ride from Wiggle.
    'All that is solid melts into air' Marx and Engels
  • thanks for the replies, have any of these bikes got a triple ring as i think i might need it