My latest video

dan shard
dan shard Posts: 722
edited December 2010 in MTB general
I know theres a thread dedicated for vids but Ive worked hard on editing my latest one so here it is. Quality aint great since putting it on youtube but I like it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO2W22pavHw

Comments

• Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Oh I see you think yours is better than the rest so it deserves its own thread eh?
  • yep :D

Except for the maiamedia ones that are in another league
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    aargh God...

That was boring. Sorry. It was dull as a last period enrichment class.

The problem is two fold; whilst the image from the camera is great, the head mount wrecks every ounce of speed you might have had. We get no perception of how fast you were going so there's no thrill. Second; the track choice was all wrong. Pure cheese.

However, I loved the interludes of side shots - there seemed to be some nice editing to the image as well. Nice contrast and colour (though not high quality which doesn't factor in).
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    What camera was that shot with?
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • omegas
    omegas Posts: 970
    Better than 99% of the videos you see on You Tube, crystal clear video and for anyone that has not been to Llandegla it give you a good idea of what it has to offer.
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    bails87 wrote:
    What camera was that shot with?
    +1 good quality for a non HD video.

Although i agree, the video was boring, sorry mate.
  • wordnumb
    wordnumb Posts: 847
    Pro tip: youtube mtb videos tend to get a higher view count if you fall off at some point, ideally impacting against a solid object with an appropriate sound effect.

But yeah, nice clear image, like the editing.
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    Oh, by track choice I meant the song, not the umm... trail. Get some Billy Piper on there instead
  • I actually really liked the music, good bit of memphis blues going on there.

Video wasn't actually that bad in my opinion. Good quality, and while it doesn't compare to the huge freeride videos or epic big budget ones you get, it kept me entertained and looked like it was fun to shoot.
  • It was shot with a tachyon xc micro, was alot better before I put it onto Youtube. It always seems to wreck the quality.

As for the music, I chose that specifically to get away from all the generic metal and trance crap thats on almost all mtb videos. I make no apologies for that what-so-ever, and imho makes refreshing change!

Appreciate the comment on the helmet mount though. Are there any alternatives that people have tried? Ive seen a bar mounted one but the image was terrible because it was bouncing around so much
  • dan shard wrote:
    It was shot with a tachyon xc micro, was alot better before I put it onto Youtube. It always seems to wreck the quality.

As for the music, I chose that specifically to get away from all the generic metal and trance crap thats on almost all mtb videos. I make no apologies for that what-so-ever, and imho makes refreshing change!

Appreciate the comment on the helmet mount though. Are there any alternatives that people have tried? Ive seen a bar mounted one but the image was terrible because it was bouncing around so much

It may be different with your camera, I don't have much experiences with cameras these days, but a buddy of mine who I rode supermoto with had a chest mount for his go pro HD which came out with some good shots from that. I know people have done it with the go pro, maybe there is something offered for yours as well.
  • Well I love the music choice.

The side videos showed how fast you were going and it would've been good to see more of that.
    Marin Nail Trail with a few modifications...

http://fatmongoose.pinkbike.com/album/Marin/