Race license

joeyhalloran
joeyhalloran Posts: 1,077
edited December 2010 in Amateur race
Hi, how long does a race license take to come through? If I ordered one tonight could I use it by Saturday? Sorry, I'm just a bit new to road racing. Thanks all![/quote]

Comments

• Usually pretty quick but will be sent to your club secretary if you are in a club. Phone them and ask then to email you a copy if you need it quick.
  • Mine came through the post within a week, I think I paid Monday and the card arrived Friday.

You can just log in to the BC site and get your licence number from the 'my account' section so if the card doesn't come just make a note of your number and give that to the race organisers.
  • dulldave
    dulldave Posts: 949
    Nothing seems to be getting through the post that quickly just now so I'd go for the fax option just to be sure. I'm still waiting on about half a bike's worth of parts.
    Scottish and British...and a bit French
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    Usually pretty quick but will be sent to your club secretary if you are in a club. Phone them and ask then to email you a copy if you need it quick.

No idea when you last got a licence but that stopped a few years ago, it goes direct now.
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • jibberjim wrote:
    Usually pretty quick but will be sent to your club secretary if you are in a club. Phone them and ask then to email you a copy if you need it quick.

No idea when you last got a licence but that stopped a few years ago, it goes direct now.

I just ordered mine (about 30 mins ago) and a message popped up saying it would go to the secretary.
  • My licence this year went to the club first.

I would have thought that the race organiser would be able to accept proof that you have applied / paid for it so maybe check with them before you go if it hasn't arrived in time.

I have known them to email licences but they can be a little inconsistent on this. I think that they send to the club secretary so that they can ensure you have paid your club subs but am not 100% sure about that.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,588
    I think the a copy of the email will be enough, I used mine as proof of membership (though not for a licence). Depending on what race you are riding you may be able to use your provisional licence from your membership if you are already a member.
  • jibberjim wrote:

The last 6 or 7 years including this season mine has gone direct to the sec. It is only upon upgrading from say 3rd to 2nd that the replacement comes direct.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    If you call the BC Membership number they can usually email you a .pdf of your license
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • got a PDF of my license :D now just hoping i can get to hoghill on the 27th and that the snow/ice will have cleared!!