Ever been recognised because of your bike!?

ashleymp777
ashleymp777 Posts: 1,212
edited December 2010 in MTB general
I had to smile yesterday! There I was having a cuppa at the tower on top of Leith Hill when out of the blue I heard my name being called. It turned out to be Njee20, who regularly posts on this forum and had recognised my bike from my signature and the thread in 'Your bikes'.

And that got me thinking - who else has been recognised purely becuase of their bike?

Good to see you by the way Njee20! Will hook up soon for ride.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    yes Often.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    no....but a bit scary that neej is remembering what folks bikes look like in case he sees them on the trail!

:shock:
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • popstar
    popstar Posts: 1,392
    Njee is great rider, and a top man too. I like his style and the way man charges any climb coming towards him.
    What could have been (Video)

I'll choose not put too much stake into someone's opinion who is admittingly terrible though
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    It's a pretty distinctive bike, and I knew your were local too, I'm not that much of a stalker :-)

You're too kind Popstar, just need to get out with you boys and work on my balls, so to speak!
  • ashleymp777
    ashleymp777 Posts: 1,212
    njee20 wrote:
    It's a pretty distinctive bike, and I knew your were local too, I'm not that much of a stalker :-)

Ha, I didnt mean it in that way! :lol: Was funny though!
  • njee20
    Don't worry, was more aimed at Cee's comment!
  • cee
    njee20 wrote:
    Don't worry, was more aimed at Cee's comment!

which in itself was not serious obviously..

:wink::D
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • njee20
    There's a lot of 'not serious' comments going on here :-)
  • I've got a bike and a house, actually a wife and family too come to think of it; in Gambia.

Not many off road cyclists so I get recognised often!
  • dvatc
    dvatc Posts: 86
    i may get recognised at cannock on tues night 14th dec. out with DVATC on my christmas bike. just shout "santa" if you see me :wink:
    [img][/img]dec2010089a-1.jpg
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    dvatc wrote:
    i may get recognised at cannock on tues night 14th dec. out with DVATC on my christmas bike. just shout "santa" if you see me :wink:

:shock: Amazing :shock: Are they battery powered lights?

On topic, I've never been recognised by my bike, but I do change bikes quite often! If you see an 06 Enduro with white Fox forks being ridden by some slightly bearded, sweaty gimp around Surrey Hills and Tunnel Hill/Caesars Camp, thats me.. say hi :)
  • cee
    njee20 wrote:
    There's a lot of 'not serious' comments going on here :-)

its the best way... :D

<serious voice>
    that bike with the lights is the NUTS! Must remember to look out the glow sticks for tron-a-thon night riding....

H.G. Wells.
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    ive never been recognised out on the trails, i did once recognise a forumite at llandegla though, artillery dave was his name, what ever happened to him.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    i once recognised a guy in some pictures he posted after his ride by his horribly multicoloured moto-x jacket.

i'd been riding behind him doing the wall at afan, it may have been stumpy jon, but i can't remember :lol:
  • Not by anyone on this site, I live miles away.
  • welshkev
    next time i'mpopping out for a ride in st polten i'll keep an eye out for you :lol:
  • welshkev wrote:
    next time i'mpopping out for a ride in st polten i'll keep an eye out for you :lol:

You'll have to look out all over Austria for me, as I have a train card which lets me ride for free anywhere, and gives me huge discounts on bringing a bike with me. Day cards for the train for the bike now only cost a 5er. I frequent Leogang and Semmering bike parks, as well as various rides around the country.

Just look for a BMC supertrail with a fat guy riding it, there arn't many of us! :)
  • welshkev
    are you austrian? or did you end up there in some bizarre twist of fate?
  • Originally American, moved with my parents to Cambridge, England for about 4 years when I was 18, and met my wife on holiday here, kept in touch, and then moved here to be with her last December.

Technically i'm still American, but lived in Europe for so long I don't even like saying i'm American anymore.
  • Stav wrote:

No AFAIK he uses a bloody long mains power lead.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    ive never been recognised out on the trails, i did once recognise a forumite at llandegla though, artillery dave was his name, what ever happened to him.
    I was recognised because of my car, and hat. :D
    I recognised sheepsteeth because he said "Hi, I'm (Sheepsteeth's real name)"
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    oh yeah, how could i forget!!
  • Anonymous
    The odd thing is, just before you said anything, I thought, hmm, that looks like sheepsteeth. I'm sure you had a pic up or something.

Anyway, on more important bidness, how did you get back on here then?
  • weeksy59
    weeksy59 Posts: 2,606
    welshkev wrote:
    i once recognised a guy in some pictures he posted after his ride by his horribly multicoloured moto-x jacket.

i'd been riding behind him doing the wall at afan, it may have been stumpy jon, but i can't remember :lol:

I think that was my mate... although it was me that posted the pic :)
  • Anonymous
    is that the same "mate" who saw the doctor about his virulent dose of crabs?
  • welshkev
    weeksy59 wrote:
    welshkev wrote:

I think that was my mate... although it was me that posted the pic :)

it very well could've been. i was trying to remember who posted the pics and they said it was their mate in that horrible coat :lol:
  • weeksy59
    weeksy59 Posts: 2,606
    P100124_095022.jpg

this one ?
  • Beardface
    Beardface Posts: 5,495
    Darren555 wrote:
    Stav wrote:

No AFAIK he uses a bloody long mains power lead.

:lol: I guess that was a bit of a stupid question..

Where can you buy extra long power leads from then? :wink:
  • welshkev
    edited December 2010
    weeksy59 wrote:
    P100124_095022.jpg

this one ?

that's the one :D i thought it was a coat but it was a jersey :lol:

it's not as bad as i remember :D
  • dvatc
    dvatc Posts: 86
    Stav wrote:
    dvatc wrote:

On topic, I've never been recognised by my bike, but I do change bikes quite often! If you see an 06 Enduro with white Fox forks being ridden by some slightly bearded, sweaty gimp around Surrey Hills and Tunnel Hill/Caesars Camp, thats me.. say hi :)

2 lots of aa batteries. one set from wilkos £1.99 and one set of multicoloured flashind leds from somewhere in china £3.