Hello,
local dealer offering me a Tricross expert frameset with
new SRAM Apex group
Easton Circuit wheels
1.600,- EUR

or Crux Comp complete
1.600,- EUR

which one would you take and why?
I might use the bike not for a cyclo cross race, but in winter or rainy weather for track and field ways or some offroad-tracks.
In summer I think, I´ll take it as a normal racing and road bike and change the tires.

Comments

• Valy
    Valy Posts: 1,321
    The TriCross Expert would be the better bet as it has mudguard mounts - his means that you can attach some proper full mudguards instead of clip on ones.

The geometries are also slightly different - with the CruX being a bit racier. THat's not to say the TriCross is a slouch.

Is there any possibility for you to test ride each one?
  • Hey,

thanks for the hint. I now bought the Crux Comp. I was discussing this issue with a specialized test-guy. He also said the tricross is more a touring bike and the Crux is more sportive.
    My old cyclocross had the possiblity for transport and mud guards, but I never used it cause I took a rucksack and Anti-mud/wet-clothes. There´s a German saying (sure also in engl.): there is no bad weather, but only bad clothes. :oops:
    Yesterday made my 1st 2 hour tour and I really have to say: it rocks. No probs with my back or any where else - no pain at all. I was driving through a snowy forest and it was really fun. I think the best thing is the internal routing and thus no probs with changing gears. Only thing I changed were the breaks, because the ones on Crux from my point of view sucked a lot.
    Further the design (red whit black) really kicks ass.

Crux rox
  • Valy
    Valy Posts: 1,321
    Errrr... my post was not for free.

I accept payment in the form of pictures. :P
  • kr1s
    kr1s Posts: 125
    Ive got a tricross sport and agree it will double as a superb touring bike - its main job is commuting - a very versitile thing and a good buy
    Trek Madone 5.2 08
    Specialized Tricross
    Scott Scale
    Twitter @ChrisBedford1