My first bike

Textexter
Textexter Posts: 2
edited December 2010 in Road buying advice
Im about to purchase my first road bike and Im not sure which to get, Im torn between the Van Nicholas Mistral, The Boardman Pro Carbon and the Canondale Caad 10. I was originally going for the boardman but a friend warned me about that carbon can be prone to breaking, hence my foray into titanium with the Van nicholas

any suggestions ?

Comments

• AndyD2574
    AndyD2574 Posts: 1,034
    Cannondale.
    Specialized S Works Venge
    Argon18 E114
    Specialized Langster Single Speed
    Scott Spark Expert 29'er
    GT Avalanche
    http://www.glasgowgreencycleclub.co.uk
  • nochekmate
    nochekmate Posts: 3,460
    Tell your mate he's talking out of his ar....e.

Titanium - the frame for life? - tell that to the guy who recently posted about his difficulties with his Merlin titanium frame.
  • Best suggestion I can give is to go and try as many bikes as you can - whilst some bikes may look cool and you might think you will like it until you have ridden it you wont know how you feel on it. Even with a proper fitting bike the position might be great and spot on or it might just feel not good.

As as for you mate and his issues with Carbon I don't mean to be rude but...... well his is talking rubbish. Carbon will break yes that is a fact, but you would have to crash and pretty hard too and nobody sets out to crash a bike the idea is to stay upright.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.