Camilla and Charles' car attacked.

mybreakfastconsisted
mybreakfastconsisted Posts: 1,018
edited December 2010 in Commuting chat
article-1337088-0C6BBDC7000005DC-147_634x388.jpg

Shocking.

Comments

• As much as I deplore violent attacks..........give a toss :roll:
    Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals! Except the weasel
  • Camilla was described as feeling "emulsional".
  • Bet its not the first time she has had some crown white splashed all over her.....
    Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals! Except the weasel
  • Chrissz
    Chrissz Posts: 727
    Blimey! :shock:

What did they attack it with? They've managed to break the armoured window!!
  • marchant
    marchant Posts: 362
    Chrissz wrote:

And why were they driving there; I would've thought their driver'd have the sense to go round something like that.
  • zanes
    zanes Posts: 563
    Would I be correct in assuming that their car (looks a bit black cabbish but I presume it'd be a Q-car) would have had at least one (probably two) royal protection officers in the front. You know, the ones that carry firearms*? I agree with the above re choice of route though!

I certainly know Princess Anne was regularly seen round our way driving her Range Rover with at least one bodyguard in the car with her.

*Yes, I know re use of force. I'm not sure quite what would have happened had the vehicle been immobilised and breached.
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    The police had guns but didn't start shooting....awww.
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    edited December 2010
    I heard about this on C4 news and was surprised they weren't rerouted.

I'd be interested to know about their protection too. Hmm, the students didn't know who they were attacking. Lack of awareness/education or bloodlust?

As per usual the police are damned if they do and damned if they don't. They are agents of the state/whipping boys.
  • zanes
    zanes Posts: 563
    Cafewanda wrote:
    I'd be interested to know about their protection too. Hmm, the students didn't know who they were attacking. Lack of awareness/education or bloodlust?

From the standard of the "students" at this and other demos, I'd suggest crass stupidity.
  • Yes, I know re use of force. I'm not sure quite what would have happened had the vehicle been immobilised and breached.
    perhaps someone could have put a brick through Charles' face. I'd pay their bail AND their University fees.
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    Didn't go far enough, William for king!
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • Initialised
    marchant wrote:
    Chrissz wrote:

And why were they driving there; I would've thought their driver'd have the sense to go round something like that.
    Some class of biking gear like their armour obviously
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • Initialised
    Cafewanda wrote:
    As per usual the police are damned if they do and damned if they don't. They are agents of the state/whipping boys.
    Well they got away with murder last time...
  • Initialised
    p.s. sorry for the quad SLi osts
  • pst88
    pst88 Posts: 621
    Cafewanda wrote:
    Hmm, the students didn't know who they were attacking. Lack of awareness/education or bloodlust?
    Haha! They're not going to be able to afford the education once the changes are made.
    Bianchi Via Nirone Veloce/Centaur 2010
  • Hmm this paints the students in a bad light

Now my shameless pun is over I hope the police break out the pepper spray. There is nothing a german shepherd dog likes more than nicely seasoned food :twisted:

£1.25 for sign up http://www.quidco.com/user/491172/42301

Cashback on wiggle,CRC,evans follow the link
    http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/MTBkarl
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    Well in.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • Oddjob62
    Oddjob62 Posts: 1,056
    Chrissz wrote:

Armourd glass will crack like that, but it won't let stuff though. It's essentially lots of layers of glass and platic.
    As yet unnamed (Dolan Seta)
    Joelle (Focus Expert SRAM)
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    The violence and attacks on the Royal car just undermines the point that the PEACEFUL protestors are trying to make. The headline moves from the subject of protest to the result of the violence.

Just like any protest, there is a militant element determined to escalate to violence (no matter what the cause actually is).

Idiots.
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    Oh dear, how sad, never mind.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Probably did them a bit of good, seeing how angry some cuts to public spending make people.

None of them were hurt or harmed.
  • mcj78
    mcj78 Posts: 634
    I think it was absolutely disgraceful - don't these mindless thugs have any respect for fine British motor-vehicles?
    Moda Issimo
    Genesis Volare 853
    Charge Filter Apex
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Now my shameless pun is over I hope the police break out the pepper spray. There is nothing a german shepherd dog likes more than nicely seasoned food :twisted:

:lol::lol:
  • So a full and in depth criminal investigation will take place :roll:

Shame the same level of policing isn't applied to the old lady down the road who regulary has dogs muck put through her letter box. Or the 20 people who had thier cars scratched by a scumbag but no action is taken as' it will make matters worse and you can claim on your insurance anyway'. Or the woman that hit my partners car writing it off and then claimed it never happend ' claim on your insurance love, its whats its for'. Your local constabulary.......cos you're not worth it.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    Sewinman wrote:

+1

But who are the poor s0ds paying for the damage? Step forward the taxpayers of the UK!

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • W1
    W1 Posts: 2,636
    SecretSam wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:

+1

But who are the poor s0ds paying for the damage? Step forward the taxpayers of the UK!

Same with the rest of the clearup then?

Or make the vandals pay perhaps?
  • The chap swinging from The cenotaph was dave Gilmour's son.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/ed ... otaph.html
  • Initialised
    This stunt was pulled off by the police forcing the kettled protesters into the same space as the royal motorcade with a view to diverting public attention from the issues of cuts vs taxation